Mercer

There are newer employer reviews for Mercer

Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mercer as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Get to work with some of the best people in the industry and you gain colleagues for life!

Cons

Change is constant, but what isn't changing with most businesses these days!

700 Other Employee Reviews for Mercer (View Most Recent)

Poor Management leads to poor results

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst II
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst II

I have been working at Mercer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing. You can gain/hone in some basic computer/database skills at this job.

If you have anything above that, you'll be wasting you're time here. Zero relevant experience to any other industry or

Cons

Zero worklife balance and overbearing clients lead to a culture that is fraught with mistrust of coworkers and backstabbing.

This all started where this SBU was struggling to get clients in the first place, so they seriously discounted the price and cost associated for services and contracts. Basically, what happened with the subprime mortgage bubble, with brokers pocketing hefty fees on contracts that are designed to fail.

Management was aware that this would cause issues with cash flow and profitability in the future but passed the buck to the employees.

We are now being trained to outsource our own jobs to India.

This system is burning, and management just seems to be content with reshuffling their bonuses which comes off the skin of their workers below them.

Do not join this sinking ship if you value yourself, your friendships, your possessions, your time or your health. They will disappear once you commit yourself to this Titanic.

Honestly, abandon this SBU. Outsourcing is something that will require more investment than you're willing to put into it. Leave it to Hewitt or Xerox.

Listen to your support staff and engage them.

A horrible company to work for....

Former Employee - American Airline Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Mercer as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There's nothing positive I can say about my experience at this place.

Cons

Very Low pay, Very unprofessional, managers just throw you on the phone without proper training. No breaks, only a 30 minute lunch for an 8 hour shift. The temps have to park at a bus station because there weren't parking available at the facility. Extremely high turnover rate. Managers and Supvs are extremely lazy and try to do as little work as possible; horrible culture. I quit this place, that's how horrible it is. Note: I worked at the Dallas, Texas office

There are newer employer reviews for Mercer