Mercer

www.mercer.com

A very good organization to work for!

Current Employee - Process Champion  in  New Delhi (India)
Current Employee - Process Champion in New Delhi (India)

Pros

1. Very good work culture.
2. Good learning opportunities.
3. Planned and systematic career progression.
4. Employee friendly policies and rules.
5. Good infrastructure and work atmosphere.
6. Lot of training sessions on soft as well as technical skills to enhance overall portfolio of the employee.
7.Good work-life balance.
6. The best of all is the benefits that Mercer gives: Sufficient leaves, Excellent transport facility, Excellent Meals on duty, Leisure activity areas like break out areas, Gym and TT court, Carrom room etc.
7. People usually stick with the company for a long tenure.

Cons

1. Not an excellent paymaster viz. other multi-national consulting firms, but compensates that with good employee benefits.

The only reason people leave the company is because of better opportunities in terms of pay. If something can be done to improve that, There will be no other company which can come close to Mercer in terms of employee retention.

Other reviews for Mercer

A Positive Work Environment

Pros

Career Advancement, Good Benefits, Good Culture

Cons

There are some gaps in the process and workflows.

After working here for 10 years you become jaded with the organization because we've seen 6 CEOs in those 10 years.

Current Employee - Principal
    Current Employee - Principal

Pros

Good work life balance. Current CEO seems to be doing a good job (stock price is going up) and I think probably he's the best CEO we've had in a while. Keep it up.

Cons

Ironically, we're in the HR conulting business, but yet we can't solve our own HR issues such as career development, retention, leadership.

With each new CEO they bring change and it's interesting to see the new executive team rearranging the patio furniture without much impact. I work in an emerging market and it's amazing how incompetent the senior leaders (expats) are in my market - no leadership, no accountablity, no engagement, no empowerment, poor communication - more than half the employees are zombied out. Shame on you ...and you know who you are!!!!

To the big boys and girls sitting in the ivory tower in NY - get to the front line of the action.

There are newer employer reviews for Mercer.

Worked for Mercer? Contribute to the Community!