Mercer

There are newer employer reviews for Mercer

Internal control analyst

Former Employee - Senior Internal Control Analyst in Norwood, MA
Former Employee - Senior Internal Control Analyst in Norwood, MA

I worked at Mercer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company has great people to work with, a great work place attitude and feel, it is located all on one floor, and has a very good cafeteria. The parking is free and plentiful. I enjoyed walking around the building at lunch, playing on the softball field and even looking out the windows into the surrounding forest all while being only a short distance from Route 128.

Cons

My commute was long but worth it at the time.

I enjoyed working for the Managers that I worked for and who were internal clients for me.

700 Other Employee Reviews for Mercer (View Most Recent)

good experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Mercer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

smart people, focused on improving the firm

Cons

challenging politics, sometimes competing priorities

Good exposure to the vast corporate world

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Houston, TX

I worked at Mercer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Experienced a massive company and how it does business. Got and found in the shuffle several times but it was overall a good experience. The management at the lower levels genuinely cared about your well being. The benefits were amazing and the perks were nice (work from home, etc).

Cons

Upper management was a turnstile of changing priorities. I endured 4, 5 year speeches from different CEO's talking about how they were going to make their mark. Toward the end I wanted to badly ask one of the guys in the question session if they were even going to be around in two years. Some of the clients had too much power over what the company decided to task.

Advertise your benefits. The benefits are world class and it will help to get and retain employees.

Get a handle on the larger clients. They can't dictate how you do business. They are a partner in that process nothing more. Provide a wall between upper management and the standard employees until the turnstile slows. Full disclosure is nice but its a bit disheartening when the mission changes every year.

There are newer employer reviews for Mercer