Merchant e-Solutions

www.merchante-solutions.com
  www.merchante-solutions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Merchant e-Solutions

What does Merchant e-Solutions and the Brazilian Soccer Team have in common?? Both are all talk and full of hot air!

Current Employee - Professional Level Person in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Professional Level Person in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and location in Redwood City.

Cons

Age discrimination. Staff over the age of 40 are being let go in large numbers without reason and HR uses the term "at-will" employer. This place is getting real bad. No increase. Class division. Its a ship without a captain. Too many know it all have been hired at large salaries and things just get worse.

Get a clue.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Merchant e-Solutions (View Most Recent)

Awful experience

I worked at Merchant e-Solutions full-time

Pros

Most of the people are pleasant to work with. A few very sharp and talented individuals that work there.

Cons

Where to begin. Terrible management. Everything is rushed and half thought out. They don't bother to check with employees on the project how long something will take before committing to customers. Very micromanaged. Management can't seem to decide on anything. Project requirements change with the wind mainly due to poorly thought out ideas. They do not take advice well from the employees who deal with a certain skill applicable to the project, because they always seem to think they know better when they don't have any background with that skill. The like to respond with "Unacceptable! You will do it this way, and it will be done by Yesterday!" Because they have already committed to their customers.

They are also running on VERY outdated technology and they are WAY overdue to pay their technology dues. They do not treat most of their employees fairly. Myself and other employees were made so many promises in order to temporarily calm me down or satisfy them. I never once saw any of these promises ever come to light, or any effort to even attempt to fulfill these promises. Lots of times we would find out they went and did something completely opposite and was obviously kept from those promised.

In such a short period of time so many people came and left. Saw people leave that had been there for years, all the way to just a few months old. Mainly due to the fact they have recently made many changes mostly for the worse. Things have sadly gone down hill fast, and it does not appear that they are making any effort to adjust these changes anytime soon. Some of the changes have been bringing on managers who also have poor reviews on glassdoor from previous companies.

I have worked at large and small start up companies who all have things more organized and a more sensible game plan than they do at the time of writing this. They also do not appropriately assign tasks. They have people doing stuff that they have never done before while the person who has training with a certain subject gets other random assignments that do not fit their skill set either.

Pay your technologies dues and revamp your system. Your old one has carried you long enough. Treat your employees better. Don't commit yourself to your customers till you have done your homework. Don't let one manager lead 5 teams, this spreads him too thin and he can't possibly do his job well for each team. Stop cutting corners. Listen to the employees who deal with applicable skills to the project day in and day out. Think they might have a clue about whats going on. Stop micromanaging. Let an engineer lead an engineering team. This makes for better communication and more appropriately assigned tasks.

Was great at first, then went downhill quick!

Current Employee - Help Desk Representative in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Help Desk Representative in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are awesome for the most part

Cons

Better be prepared to constantly stroke the managers' egos because if you get on their bad side, watch out! If you are a favored employee, then you will find that you are very much able to get away with pretty much whatever, but once you're off that good side, they waste no time in nitpicking and borderline harassing you over the smallest and simplest of things that were overlooked before!

The systems and resources available to do the job are lacking to say the very least. Their phone system is the same phones you see in early 1980's flicks and functions just about as reliably as one would expect. The computer and IT systems are not much further ahead either, our regular customer management system crashes on a daily basis, but most detrimentally, the processing system that our merchants, our lifeblood, uses to generate revenue constantly has problems and crashes and needs to be taken down on a regular business, and when customers call in to check on it's status, we are regularly told to mislead them in the ETA of when said systems will be back up. And when said systems affect your ability to do your job, it is your fault, never mind the fact that the repeated requests to update the system have gone ignored.

You ever hear of the term "spitting in the wind?" It basically means that what goes around comes around and at this point, it is no secret to our client banks, our larger merchants, and the rest of the company as a whole that we are going to be outsourced soon, and the backlash from that is already happening. The argument of "they've dumped a lot of money into us" that management regularly uses to make themselves feel better about this situation is ill advised in determining the future outlook of this company. For example, just this last week, five other managers in various positions, including our own Operations Manager in Spokane Valley who has helped build the company for the last 10 years of his life is all of a sudden "leaving the company on April 4th, 2014?" My advice to management, better start updating those resumes and looking for other prospects! You have no one to blame but yourselves and the decisions you have made to lead to this. I hope you have learned your lessons.

There are newer employer reviews for Merchant e-Solutions