Merchant e-Solutions

www.merchante-solutions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Merchant e-Solutions

Work environment is ok if you like selling.

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions

Pros

Potential huge salary boost based on great sales. Offers base salary. Able to work from home and create own schedule. You are your own boss.

Cons

Nowhere to grow within company. Extremely strict monthly sales quotas. Benefits are some of the worst of any company I've ever seen.

Offer better benefits. Offer better incentives. Ease up on the monthly sales quotas. They should be counted quarterly not monthly.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Merchant e-Solutions (View Most Recent)

Smart, upbeat & makes money - what more could you ask?

Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like the happy attitude, cross-cultural, and gender-equitable environment here. People generally smile and laugh and get the job done well.
    IT and engineering have regular, short time-blocked meetings to share progress or blocks. We all work together as a strong unit in a modern work space, using modern methods and upgrading the old into the new and scalable
    This year, across the board, we're modernizing: systems, infrastructure, code base, and the website.
    If you like the feel of a smart, modern, young company, but want the safety net of large parent company (instead of VC money), this is the place for you.

Cons

It's tough to change a static fire-fighting culture into an Agile, modern organization with trackable, regular releases. The past management used a non-scalable (often w/ hard-coded fixes), with a top-down, fire-fighting approach. However, in spite of some of the old-timers who didn't want to change their work habits, we're managing to steer a new course,. Those who can't change have been leaving, so soon it will be a 100% modern Agile company.

Maybe you could give the people who leave a package w/ a requirement not to defame MeS, at the cost of the release package? Sour grapes can sweeten up with dollar signs.

Only consider if you absolutely have no choice and you need to pay mortgage.

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions

Pros

A company in transition?

At this point I see no pros for this company.

Cons

This used to be a good place to work. Top level management is clueless and has no respect for employees often providing conflicting instructions that only meet their personal agendas. They fight with each other and get employees to do the dirty work.

The office is far from anywhere else unless you are living in Redwood City.

There are no perks, no benefits.

There is no career planning.

Most of the people I know are currently looking for other opportunities and the company is loosing talent on a weekly basis. At this point, anyone who knew something important is far gone. So, if you need to solve even the simplest problem, you have a problem.

This is a blackhole in Silicon Valley, you think you are in Silicon Valley but you are not. I see no perspective.

- Stop micro-managing people.
    - Stop fighting each other.
    - Open-up your minds, this is supposed to be Silicon Valley.

There are newer employer reviews for Merchant e-Solutions