Merck
3.2 of 5 1,051 reviews
www.merck.com Whitehouse Station, NJ 5000+ Employees

Very unappreciated

Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee)
Millsboro, DE

ProsBenefits are ok, for the eastern shore pay is above average,I really wish I had more positive to say on behalf of the company

ConsVery unappreciative site management, continual expectation to do more with less, people, equipment, even basic tools and supplies. Excessive work schedule due to severe under staff conditions. No chance for advancement no matter how hard you work or schooling you complete. School very difficult due to 55-65 hour work weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease quite treating your most important assets, your people, as liabilities. Give us an opportunity to really show you what we can do, then at least tell us when we have done well and give us the opportunity to advance and grow. Quite the do as I say not as I do attitude, and treat us like adults.

Great to Poor Experience...

Executive Director (Former Employee)
    Broomfield, CO

I worked at Merck

Pros: Pay- compensation has been greater than other industries at comparable levels and lots… Cons: Unfortunately the Pharma industry is under significant pressure from Wall Street, Main Street, media, patent expiree, etc...so consolidation, reductions, reduced benefits will continue for foreseeable… Advice to Senior Management: Good old boy (and gal) club continues - same leadership they just move around who sits in those chairs - you would rather hire an… More

Overall working experience was great until the merger with Schering-Plough

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Rahway, NJ

I worked at Merck

Pros: Great work/life balance; flexibility and diversity. If you worked with a manager… Cons: Due to merger, very unstable work environment - many changes being… More
There are newer reviews on Merck.

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merck reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Merck CEO Kenneth C. Frazier. All reviews posted anonymously by Merck employees.