Merck
3.2 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.merck.com Whitehouse Station, NJ 5000+ Employees

Merck - an opinion

Medical Writer (Current Employee)
Phila, PA

ProsGood pay and benefits, flexible work schedules, well known company.

ConsCurrent environment surrounding pharmaceutical companies, especially Merck. The company is so big that there's a rather sterile, impersonal feel to working here. Morale is not good at the moment, but I think that the same is true of the entire pharmaceutical industry these days.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to know that the communication in this company needs to be improved. We are too silo-ed; frequently one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. Many people were laid off recently, yet the company helicopter still flies between the facilities to bring execs to meetings. Why not just video conference?

Its who you know

I have been working at Merck

Pros: I have to agree with the posting today if you spend enough time there as I have it begins to be about who you… Cons: The downside is how your peers treat you. It seems like you make… Advice to Senior Management: Pls hire some people with vision, out of the box… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall a great opportunity

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
    West Point, PA

I have been working at Merck

Pros: Merck is a great place for benefits and recognition (such as lunch passes, movie tickets, award dinners, and just notes to say thank you), in… Cons: Right now things are in a a transition state -- we are implementing SAP, which in the end should make day to day transactions easier,… Advice to Senior Management: Keep communicating and answering our questions honestly. We know this… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Merck.

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merck reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Merck CEO Kenneth C. Frazier. All reviews posted anonymously by Merck employees.