Merck

There are newer employer reviews for Merck

A very rewarding position

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Merck full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Our medications and vaccines help to save lives, and are needed in virtually every country across the globe. There are endless opportunities for advancement and growth.

Cons

Extremely regulated environment. Inspection agencies from all around the world come in at any time, therefor we are always inspection ready.

1213 Other Employee Reviews for Merck (View Most Recent)

Good company, good benefits. Better than most places to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Merck full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You are compensated fairly, have above average vacation and holiday time, and (in most cases) have less stress than in other work environments. Additionally, the company has been fairly stable.

Cons

With stability comes a lack of internal movement, consequently, there is not a lot of opportunity for advancement. This can both be good and bad.

Promote from within at every opportunity.

Merck is a great company to work for with good values, competitive pay and benefits as well as great employees!

Former Employee - Vaccine Manufacturing and Science Commercialization Intern in West Point, PA

I worked at Merck as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people are diverse, intelligent and great to work with. The work is challenging and meaningful rather than paper pushing. For my internship, I was given a real project that needed to be completed for the company and that had a real impact. They also housed me for the summer, provided transportation options to the site, and planned on-site tours to see different departments and what they do.

Cons

Can be high stress because of time deadlines, few full-time positions for new-hires after completing the internship and its locations are all on the East Coast, so relocation anywhere else isn't possible. Also, they house you in Philadelphia, so you commute 3 hours every day using public transportation.

There are newer employer reviews for Merck