Merck

www.merck.com

Good Company with Opportunity to Growth but slow salary growth

Senior Specialist (Current Employee) West Point, PA

ProsGreat work life balance, opportunity to adjust working schedule to family needs, great opportunities for development and challenging work. Good benefits. Solid salary and bonus.

ConsUnion shop. Shop floor employees unwilling to change and resistant to continuous improvement because they want to keep old processes and excessive overtime.
Company performance has been good last could of years but annual raises minimal due to company benchmarking and knowing they don't need to pay employees more. Non-aligned, cascading company strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpect more from the shop floor, align around a single strategy, get waste and complexity of out our processes.

Heading the right direction and will continue to be a major player in the industry

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Merck full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Solid benefits and management, great people to work with Cons: pipeline of products slow to launch vs competion Advice to Senior Management: invest in innovation faster Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The Worst Place to Work. Hell Loses by 2 Points.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Merck

Pros: Benefits, money, and I'm gone. Cons: Micromanagement, low morale, and they are still there. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Merck.

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!