Merck

N/A

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Merck

Pros

Great company with wonderful products. The management varies depending on which division you are in and the geography.

Cons

currently being bought by Merck and unsure of the future.

The leadership is strong at Schering-Plough and they are in a tough situation. At the moment, the only advice I have is to fight for the team you have currently during this merger/acquisition.

1194 Other Employee Reviews for Merck (View Most Recent)

Review of Schering PLough

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roseland, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roseland, NJ

I worked at Merck

Pros

This company is a great place to work. I enjoyed the team atmosphere and I felt that I had a lto of opportunities to grow.

Cons

The workload at this company was sometimes hard to manage. At times I would find myself working from home every night and weekend.

The managers at your company need to focus more on training. They also need to spend mroe one on one tim eiwth each employee.

Merck - A good place to work

I have been working at Merck

Pros

Merck is a large company that has many diverse opportunities for employees. This allows employees to seek out varying opportunities to develop without changing companies.

Cons

Merck is large and this sometimes allows people to get lost in the shuffle. What used to be a great company for growth and development of people, has now shifted more focus on the business priorities impacting the "personal" touch that employees sometimes need.

Continue to drive the company to support the core businesses and expand as appropriate to support that as in the merger. Don't forget about all of the great people that help to make this possible each and every day...

There are newer employer reviews for Merck