There are newer employer reviews for Merck

Review of Schering PLough

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Roseland, NJ
Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roseland, NJ

I worked at Merck

Pros

This company is a great place to work. I enjoyed the team atmosphere and I felt that I had a lto of opportunities to grow.

Cons

The workload at this company was sometimes hard to manage. At times I would find myself working from home every night and weekend.

The managers at your company need to focus more on training. They also need to spend mroe one on one tim eiwth each employee.

1145 Other Employee Reviews for Merck (View Most Recent)

Schering Plough is a tough workplace, but the money is good

Current Employee - Associate Manager  in  Kenilworth, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Kenilworth, NJ

I have been working at Merck

Pros

Remuneration - Salary compensation (as part of the pharmaceutical industry) is above average. People looking to increase their compensation should consider positions within pharma.

Cons

Combative environment - Due to some difficult events about six years ago, the culture of Schering Plough has changed. Unfortunately, these changes have had a negative influence on the culture, however has allowed the company (in revenue terms) to prosper.

Sell the company and allow people to make decisions about moving on.

Merck is OK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rahway, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ

I have been working at Merck

Pros

Good amount of vacation days once you've been there for a little bit, work-life balance, smart people, lots of opportunities because it is a big company.

Cons

Bureaucracy, no clear direction as to where the company is headed, especially given some of the challenges to the industy

Merck needs to focus more on what we're good at and stop trying to do everything. We also need fewer levels of management.

There are newer employer reviews for Merck

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!