Merck

Review of Schering PLough

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roseland, NJ
Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roseland, NJ

I worked at Merck

Pros

This company is a great place to work. I enjoyed the team atmosphere and I felt that I had a lto of opportunities to grow.

Cons

The workload at this company was sometimes hard to manage. At times I would find myself working from home every night and weekend.

The managers at your company need to focus more on training. They also need to spend mroe one on one tim eiwth each employee.

1213 Other Employee Reviews for Merck (View Most Recent)

Merck - A good place to work

I have been working at Merck

Pros

Merck is a large company that has many diverse opportunities for employees. This allows employees to seek out varying opportunities to develop without changing companies.

Cons

Merck is large and this sometimes allows people to get lost in the shuffle. What used to be a great company for growth and development of people, has now shifted more focus on the business priorities impacting the "personal" touch that employees sometimes need.

Continue to drive the company to support the core businesses and expand as appropriate to support that as in the merger. Don't forget about all of the great people that help to make this possible each and every day...

Merck is OK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ

I have been working at Merck

Pros

Good amount of vacation days once you've been there for a little bit, work-life balance, smart people, lots of opportunities because it is a big company.

Cons

Bureaucracy, no clear direction as to where the company is headed, especially given some of the challenges to the industy

Merck needs to focus more on what we're good at and stop trying to do everything. We also need fewer levels of management.

There are newer employer reviews for Merck