Merck

www.merck.com

Cut-throat Culture at SP

Director (Current Employee) Kenilworth, NJ

ProsGreat compensation, benefits, the majority of middle management are highly professional, pipeline is very strong for the US and ex-US (the latter being the growth driver for the company). Merck acquisition will right-size the back-stabbing, shoot-from-the-hip mentality at SGP.

ConsSenior management is ingrained with the Fred Hassan mentality of take-no-prisoners, push forward without regard for professionalism and treating employees fairly and honestly. However, every executive mgmt leader is gone through the merger .. except one. SGP management absolutely demolished Organon employee morale and good standing.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Merck: beware of SGP upper mgmt who thinks they know better than a slow-moving, bureaucratic, over-analytical parent company.

No collaboration allowed in developing collaborative communities

User Experience Architect (Current Employee) Rahway, NJ

I have been working at Merck

Pros: The objective to develop online communities especially within a pharmaceutical company is very innovative and has the potential to transform the way that scientists and… Cons: There are so many consultants working on this initiative we're literally tripping over each other. It takes weeks to get a laptop… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to divide and conquer. Remember, the entire initiative is based upon inspiring and evangelizing the idea that together we can do more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The job varies according to which manager you report to

Clinical Project Special (Current Employee) Kenilworth, NJ

I have been working at Merck

Pros: The type of study trials they run are very challenging and interesting.… Cons: Unfortunately it depends which manager you report to if you will survive or thrive at the company or not. For example,… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees! Managers need better Human Relationship skills, and the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Merck.

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!