Tough

Current Employee - Reliability Engineer  in  Lansdale, PA
Current Employee - Reliability Engineer in Lansdale, PA

I have been working at Merck full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is fair for the job. Consolidation is changing that though. Area located is enjoyable, close to main accessways. Good starting block for a career.

Cons

Enviornment is on the decline. Consolidation and leaning of $$ and people making workplace consistantly stressful. Production efficiency is starting to decline as a result, as well as ability to retain work experience.

Learn to interact with the reality of the business.

Other Reviews for Merck

Great manufactor of vaccines

Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Merck full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Compensation very good work life balance good

Cons

Management of vaccine division poor run.

Amazing place to work... 10 years ago.

I worked at Merck

Pros

Pension is great (but it's changing in the next 5-10 years), but won't be the "golden handcuffs" it once was.

Cons

No loyalty. What have you done for me lately? Layoff after layoff. Ask our current CEO how many people he's laid off in the last several years. They want you to cut, cut, cut expenses.

Get back to your roots Merck. You once were great to your employees, but that time has come and gone. Medicine may be for the people, but the profits should be shared with the people that worked hard to manufacture and sell those products too. The buddy buddy relationship with the Obama administration and the corporate offices in the USA is dated and silly. Move our corporate offices to Ireland and pass all the corporate income tax we pay onto your employees and shareholders. We have been kissing this administrations rear end like no other... For what? Every time we turn around it's another delay by the FDA. We paid/served our time for Vioxx. Enough is enough. Time for Mr. Frazier to grow some balls and stop acting like an attorney afraid to make a move and start acting like a CEO.

There are newer employer reviews for Merck.

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!