Merck

There are newer employer reviews for Merck

Current Employee - Staff Biologist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Staff Biologist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Merck

Pros

Competitive compensation, good benefits, great work/life balance. A lot depends on your manager. I am lucky to have a great manager, and within our group we have lot more opportunities to learn new skills and take on challenging projects.

Cons

Provide more opportunity for career advancement/development. The current structure does not provide for much career growth opportunity.

Satisfaction can be increased and turnover reduced by developing the professional competencies of the employee. Have a mentorship program that would help employees plan out a future that matches their career goals.

1213 Other Employee Reviews for Merck (View Most Recent)

Schering Plough exit statement\

Current Employee - Field Sales in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Field Sales in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Merck

Pros

Indepence, good pay, co workers, benefits.

Cons

Biased perfomance measures, unrealistic goals, self serving top management, environment of fear.

Try honesty and integrity for a change. Put client needs and goals before company stock price. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Good place to work but not innovative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

I have been working at Merck

Pros

great benefits (401 k matching, free prescriptions for Merck products, good insurance), interesting project work, talented people, management can be stuck in yesterday's achievements

Cons

Outdated sales appproach, less than needed support to front line sales people. Long lead times for sales materials, very legalistic in approach to customer service.

Trust your sales people and provide them with modern selling tools. Believe in innovation and take some chances on new ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for Merck