Merck
3.2 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.merck.com Whitehouse Station, NJ 5000+ Employees

Staff Biologist (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsCompetitive compensation, good benefits, great work/life balance. A lot depends on your manager. I am lucky to have a great manager, and within our group we have lot more opportunities to learn new skills and take on challenging projects.

ConsProvide more opportunity for career advancement/development. The current structure does not provide for much career growth opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementSatisfaction can be increased and turnover reduced by developing the professional competencies of the employee. Have a mentorship program that would help employees plan out a future that matches their career goals.

Great place to learn and develop, need to rethink employee experience and be serious about long term work life balance

Manager Marketing (Current Employee)
    Whitehouse Station, NJ

I have been working at Merck

Pros: Great place to kick off any career Cons: Large corporation with little focus on the individual Advice to Senior Management: As the economy tunes the corner, rethink talent management or… More

Good place to work but not innovative

Whitehouse Station, NJ

I have been working at Merck

Pros: great benefits (401 k matching, free prescriptions for Merck products, good insurance),… Cons: Outdated sales appproach, less than needed support to front line sales people.… Advice to Senior Management: Trust your sales people and provide them with modern selling… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Merck.

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merck reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Merck CEO Kenneth C. Frazier. All reviews posted anonymously by Merck employees.