Mercury Marine
www.mercurymarine.com Fond Du Lac, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Interesting work using up to date resources with other talented people.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mercury Marine

ProsInteresting and widely varied work on a complete consumer product. Many technical challenges and capable tools to take them on. This is a very interesting job.

ConsBusiness cycles cause occasional layoffs. Management has made changes to mitigate this to some degree by using contract workers in busy times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has done a fantastic job of managing the 2008 down turn in business. They concentrated on cash flow and inventory management with excellent success.

Lead to believe I would receive adequate training. After two months training was nonexistent while many tasks changed.

Demand Planner (Former Employee)

I worked at Mercury Marine

Pros: Discounts on many of the corporation's products. Cons: Struggling industry, work overload from many departments. Company is lost in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Review of time at mercury

Industrial Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Mercury Marine

Pros: Good atmosphere. A lot of good people to work with (and an… Cons: Little bit too political and who knows who on the management side. As far as how I was treated by all my… Advice to Senior Management: Honestly, need less layers of them there I think. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Mercury Marine.

Worked for Mercury Marine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mercury Marine reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mercury Marine CEO Mark D. Schwabero. All reviews posted anonymously by Mercury Marine employees.