There are newer employer reviews for Mercury Marine

Great place, pay could be better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Mercury Marine

Pros

Great place to work, people are excellent. Good working evironment. had an enjoyable time in my years there, and was actually a pleasure to go to work every day. Work is demanding, but that just makes the day go by faster. There are downsides, but the benefits outweigh the negatives. Having said that, the only readon i left was that I had too for financial reasons, I had a much higher offer - but still miss the gang...

Cons

the compensation at Mercury Marine could be a little better. It's not terrible, but left because of a much better offer. Vacation time is fair, but it could always be better. There are down sides to just about any job out there, and Merc Marine is no diferent.

you should pay more. if you want to maintain the top people, it is going to cost a little. If you continue to not pay, the best people will leave for better offers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fast paced, good people to work with.

I have been working at Mercury Marine full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Smaller company that drives innovation in the marine industry. Customer focused with their products, quality is a main focus of the company's goals. Outboard engines are well-designed and thought out, excellent test facilities, opportunities to move inter-company. Overall compensation is good, bonus structure is very good (in the good years).

Cons

Company headquarters are located in Fond du Lac, WI, small city with very few entertainment options. Great for water sports, family, outdoor activities. Company facilities are a little dated, not much interaction outside of the office.

2. decent

I have been working at Mercury Marine full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great mid level managament staff

Cons

too much political in fighting

There are newer employer reviews for Mercury Marine