There are newer employer reviews for Mercury Marine

Great place, pay could be better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Pros

Great place to work, people are excellent. Good working evironment. had an enjoyable time in my years there, and was actually a pleasure to go to work every day. Work is demanding, but that just makes the day go by faster. There are downsides, but the benefits outweigh the negatives. Having said that, the only readon i left was that I had too for financial reasons, I had a much higher offer - but still miss the gang...

Cons

the compensation at Mercury Marine could be a little better. It's not terrible, but left because of a much better offer. Vacation time is fair, but it could always be better. There are down sides to just about any job out there, and Merc Marine is no diferent.

Advice to Management

you should pay more. if you want to maintain the top people, it is going to cost a little. If you continue to not pay, the best people will leave for better offers.

Other Employee Reviews for Mercury Marine

1. Assistant Office Manager at National Marine a Mercury Dealer and Service Centre

Pros

Mercury outboard engines are a great product with a loyal customer base in the Bahamas. I enjoyed learning about the outboard engine line offered by Mercury and was confident that the prospective customer would be pleased with the quality of the products and accessories.

Cons

While the outboard engine line my employers carried was superior and priced competitively for our region, we sometimes struggled as a dealer/service centre due to difficulties with communications from our Regional Service Reps.

2. Fast paced, good people to work with.

I have been working at Mercury Marine full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smaller company that drives innovation in the marine industry. Customer focused with their products, quality is a main focus of the company's goals. Outboard engines are well-designed and thought out, excellent test facilities, opportunities to move inter-company. Overall compensation is good, bonus structure is very good (in the good years).

Cons

Company headquarters are located in Fond du Lac, WI, small city with very few entertainment options. Great for water sports, family, outdoor activities. Company facilities are a little dated, not much interaction outside of the office.