There are newer employer reviews for Mercury Payment Systems

Depressing for sure

Current Employee - Channel Sales  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Channel Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Mercury Payment Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are amazing. Not sure if they can ever be replaced.
Benefits - Good and affordable

Cons

Lack of clarity on goals
Inflated Numbers
Always changing comp plan
Miserable work environment - Management walks around miserable, so naturally sales teams do the same
Prematurely roll out programs

Carry a smile on your face and recognize people once in awhile. It can be contagious, just as walking around miserable can be. People will work harder for someone who truly motivates rather than someone who degrades or never has time for you. Until then, it will be a revolving door and good people will continue to walk

36 Other Employee Reviews for Mercury Payment Systems (View Most Recent)

Amazing company, best job ever!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Durango, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durango, CO

I have been working at Mercury Payment Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

All of my experiences at Mercury have been positive. From the first day, the culture drew me in and it hasn't disappointed me since then. My co-workers are phenomenal, hard-working and talented. The innovative business model that started it all still rings true and it's exciting to see where it will take us next. I really appreciate that as the company grows and changes, that the mission and values also evolve to reflect the spirit of Mercury. The special touches that are provides to employees are wonderful (time to volunteer, recognition, fun events) but they are just icing on the cake. I feel truly blessed to be part of this team.

Cons

There have been challenges related to growth but I feel they were necessary and done with careful consideration.

Please continue to focus on high performance and transparency. There are so many employees who believe in doing the best work they can, every day. Take time to put out quality, even if it takes a little longer.

Start-up environment with poor management skills

Former Employee - Software Developer/Database Administrator  in  Durango, CO
    Former Employee - Software Developer/Database Administrator in Durango, CO

I worked at Mercury Payment Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Durango is a beautiful place to live and Mercury promotes a great work/life balance.

Cons

The majority of management has been promoted from within due to seniority - very few of them have experience in managerial positions or any training or education in strong decision making skills. With it being a 'young' company, much of the management team was promoted to their positions while still in their 20s having little practical experience to base decision making on. This leads to an environment that is very knee-jerk with little strategic perspective. I worked for an IT director who was 28 years old, had a BA in communications and minor in computer studies and when I joined the group - she had hired and fired 5 IT professionals within 1.5 years of her promotion to Director.

Evaluate your employees based on performance and skills - not on how long they have been with the company. Consider taking the time to train your young managers on better decision making.

There are newer employer reviews for Mercury Payment Systems

Worked for Mercury Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!