Mercy College
www.mercy.edu Dobbs Ferry, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Overworked, Lack of Clear Guidlines, Either Your With Us or Against Us...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI have nothing good to say about working at Mercy. They have a bait and switch policy of recruiting people to work - they bait you with promises of one position and they switch it up on you once you have joined - the department I was supposed to work for and my supervisor were changed the first day I arrived for work...

ConsLong hours, put up and shut up attitude of management, and general feeling of constant unease since everone was basically plotting their exit strategies. Never felt that management was there to encourage and help with achieving goals - rather they set unrealistic goals and expected you to reach them - no questions asked.

An honest assessment

Associate Director (Former Employee)
    Bronx, NY

I worked at Mercy College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 1) They tend to hire employees from non-traditional backgrounds. This provides a great opportunity for… Cons: 1) Upper management can appear very removed from front line employees. As a result many employees feel as if they don't matter to upper… Advice to Senior Management: Have your human resources department distribute anonymous surveys to all employees. This will result… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Something you want to forget like a bad dream.

Assistant Director of PACT (Current Employee)
    Dobbs Ferry, NY

I have been working at Mercy College

Pros: -There are so many job openings that you can get… Cons: -Poor work/life balance. -Certain programs get preferential treatment. -Lack of transparency in senior management. -Lack of respect for employees who… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect, value their contributions and provide… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Mercy College.

Worked for Mercy College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mercy College reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mercy College CEO Timothy Hall. All reviews posted anonymously by Mercy College employees.