There are newer employer reviews for Mercy Health System

About Mercy

I have been working at Mercy Health System

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Hard to get rid of bad co-workers

55 Other Employee Reviews for Mercy Health System (View Most Recent)

TOO much inter-office drama and negativity, lack of respect from upper management!!

Current Employee - Patient Registration  in  Janesville, WI
    Current Employee - Patient Registration in Janesville, WI

I have been working at Mercy Health System full-time

Pros

Working in the trauma hospital, we see so much, which is a great leaning tool. The free classes and educational re-embursement from Mercy is phenominal!

Cons

We are the lowest paid, the least respected in my position, yet we are the first face patients see and we set the tone for their visit. No cost of living increase in 6 years! Very difficult to speak openly with management and human rescources. Many issues get swept under the rug or un-aknowledged.

Compensate better, lower the rates we have to pay for Mercys own insurance, a happier employee creates a better environment. Patients can tell that there is an over all dissatisfaction with mercy employees. Thats why there is such a high turn over rate with employees!!!!

Great Temporary Job

Current Employee - Trainer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Trainer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Mercy Health System as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Treated with respect and dignity. The time invested in our training was very impressive. Even as an experienced educator I learned a lot about teaching adults. Tech support was great.

Cons

Sometimes the trainees were negative about the training environment. Glad I wasn't in charge of training the doctors, rumor was they could be very hostile. The "classrooms" were too small and were often not conducive to the learning environment.

When working the go live events it was amazing the job the clerical and office staffs did--the pressure and work loads on many of these staff members was crushing. How they managed to be as nice to patients as they were was amazing. As with a lot of companies the lower paid staff interact the most with clients and get the least recognition. These front line folks work hard and are very understanding and take a lot of time with elderly and sick patients.

There are newer employer reviews for Mercy Health System

Worked for Mercy Health System? Contribute to the Community!