Mercy Housing
www.mercyhousing.org Denver, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great mentoring and supervisor support, tough workplace.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Mercy Housing

ProsSupervisors are knowledgeable, competent and supportive. Their support provided me with the mental and physical space to take the - sometimes radical - measures necessary to improve the operations of my property.

ConsMercy is a large, management-intensive company and its current (as of 2010) method of disseminating best practices to its people in the field is simply too cumbersome to remain effective. By the time new operating practices have been disseminated and incorporated by site teams, executive leadership has already developed new operating practices. This rapid development and slow dissemination does not provide site teams the opportunity to help craft new operational practices - leading to feelings of disenfranchisement with their organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour Property Managers are your connection to each individual site team. Spend much more time training your Property Managers how to train their staff and you will dramatically reduce the time and money spent on site staff headaches.

Mercy Housing

Information Technology (Former Employee)

I worked at Mercy Housing

Pros: Non-Profit. Company values are very good. Mercy Housing is a non-profit firm that provides affordable… Cons: Mercy Housing shares a building with other companies. And so, there… Advice to Senior Management: Have more friendly approach to people. Also, more get-together's outside the company structure… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Mercy Housing is a great company to work for... the mission is well represented on all levels

Area Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Mercy Housing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Mercy Housing has exceptional benefits and can offer a great pay structure if you negotiate properly. Most people are great to work with and for.… Cons: Employee recognition relies greatly on who there manager/supervisor is. Vacation… Advice to Senior Management: Better employee recognition. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Mercy Housing.

Worked for Mercy Housing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mercy Housing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mercy Housing CEO Lillian Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by Mercy Housing employees.