Mercy Medical Center Cedar Rapids Iowa

There are newer employer reviews for Mercy Medical Center Cedar Rapids Iowa

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Mercy Medical Center Cedar Rapids Iowa full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Reasonable salaries, wages and benefits. Generous PTO, competitive pay, many optional benefits to take advantage of. Sometimes promoting from within is not the best for the organization.

Cons

Executive management does not have patient's best interests at heart. It seems beating the competitor is more important than enhancing the excellent care certain departments offer.

Focus less on competition and more on patients. Be more genuine and more accessible to all employees. Be less concerned with status and more in touch with customers.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Mercy Medical Center Cedar Rapids Iowa (View Most Recent)

Good Intentions

Current Employee - Pct in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Pct in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Mercy Medical Center Cedar Rapids Iowa part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've met a ton of great people that I am friends with outside of work, often a lot of teamwork, people actually care about their patients. Those with more training will gladly teach new skills, and you can attend workshops for new training easily.

Cons

With the dawn of EPIC (charting systems) there have been a lot of cutbacks - raises don't happen, good patient care supplies are switched for bad ones that are cheaper, etc. A lot of turnover - I don't know 90% of the floor I started on in the past two years! I really have a hard time stomaching the drama, as well as picking up the slack of dragging coworkers. A lot of your happiness will depend on the floor you work on. Also there have been shortages in staff. I've worked on floors with dangerously low staffing, I was actually uncomfortable with it. Oh and one reviewer said there's an onsite gym? Yeah we call that the fitness closet. Not a gym. A tiny room with a dual corner cable machine and some cardio equipment. It's not really a con but it is not a gym, sorry.

They come off as really not appreciating the entirety of the work of the floor staff (nursing, dietary, housekeeping, etc) and it shows through pay and staffing. Listen to your employees - send out a survey on what would make them happier maybe!

Excellent in providing health care to the community

I worked at Mercy Medical Center Cedar Rapids Iowa full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Offer very good wages and benefit packages.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are limited and infrequent.

There are newer employer reviews for Mercy Medical Center Cedar Rapids Iowa