Adequate overall.

I have been working at Mercy

Pros

Overall a pretty fair company, there are always places that are worse.

Cons

What is odd is when 40% of your annual performance review is based on how you help those "less fortunate than yourself???"
I thought reviews were based on your job performance??
They also do try to push the catholic religion on you, which I do not appreciate.

Other Reviews for Mercy

A place like none other.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Mercy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great mission, values and ethics. Despit what another review listed, Mercy does not have a "corporate" feel to it, in my opinion. As all things in life, you get out what you put in. Due to challenges in healthcare across the US, there have been changes put in place to insure our ministry is sustainable. Far too often people mistake the desire to sustain our business as "corporate" or "losing what Mercy is all about". You must continue to maintain the balance of ministry and business to carry on the wonderful legacy that is Mercy.
    The leadership in place across all of Mercy understand this challenge and do a wonderful job of balancing these two difficult tasks.
    An excellent place to work and I can only hope that I can one day retire from this incredible organization.

Cons

Due to the steady growth over the last several years, there have been some difficulties with communication and structure operationally. However, I feel this is due to the exponential growth across the state of Oklahoma.
    It would be nice to have more money for merit increases/raises.

No more Corporate America....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was a good place to work until they became Corporate

Cons

They don't have the money to give good raises as they did many years ago. But they have the money for other things. Became corporate and expected twice the productivity out of you in the same amount of hours. As both a former employee and now a patient, I see that becoming corporate has not only affected employees, but try being a patient.....Billing is a nightmare and no one knows who to call to get help....talk to several people. Billing is in St. Louis and if you work at Mercy, now that it's corporate....so is your boss!

There are newer employer reviews for Mercy.

Worked for Mercy? Contribute to the Community!