Mercy

There are newer employer reviews for Mercy

It's the Mercy way.

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible timings, laid back environment, if you know how to do it.. work is pretty easy. One doesn't have more than 4 hours of work per day :).

Cons

People are not rated by their skill sets. Jobs always offered to a level lower than the applied. Interview process is bad. No Bonus.. no decent Off times.. cant switch sick time to PTO.. one has to be really sick to use the sick days, cannot take a casual sick day off. People talk about the 7 things on Mercy ways that people are expected to behave and no one follows it.

Please have management that can assess people on their skillset and how one likes them. Interview process is pretty bad, i have seen my manager hire pretty low skilled people in the team who cannot do/say stuff on their own. HR should do a good job reviewing the past experience of prospective candidates (too many freshers with fake experience). Please follow mercy standards in the MTS as well.

101 Other Employee Reviews for Mercy (View Most Recent)

Adequate overall.

I have been working at Mercy

Pros

Overall a pretty fair company, there are always places that are worse.

Cons

What is odd is when 40% of your annual performance review is based on how you help those "less fortunate than yourself???"
    I thought reviews were based on your job performance??
    They also do try to push the catholic religion on you, which I do not appreciate.

A place like none other.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Mercy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great mission, values and ethics. Despit what another review listed, Mercy does not have a "corporate" feel to it, in my opinion. As all things in life, you get out what you put in. Due to challenges in healthcare across the US, there have been changes put in place to insure our ministry is sustainable. Far too often people mistake the desire to sustain our business as "corporate" or "losing what Mercy is all about". You must continue to maintain the balance of ministry and business to carry on the wonderful legacy that is Mercy.
    The leadership in place across all of Mercy understand this challenge and do a wonderful job of balancing these two difficult tasks.
    An excellent place to work and I can only hope that I can one day retire from this incredible organization.

Cons

Due to the steady growth over the last several years, there have been some difficulties with communication and structure operationally. However, I feel this is due to the exponential growth across the state of Oklahoma.
    It would be nice to have more money for merit increases/raises.

There are newer employer reviews for Mercy