There are newer employer reviews for Mercy

Great company to work for, but losing touch with local values - going more corporate all the time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary and benefits, company values, patient focused care

Cons

All decisions are becoming much more corporate based with less concern for local impact. This is evident in nearly every major decision made in the last 2 years. There is much more discussion of Mercy values but actual Mercy values were more obvious before St. Johns became Mercy. This is especially true in the care of our indigent and low income population. There were also minimal salary increases, though my salary was fair.

Bring it back home.

67 Other Employee Reviews for Mercy (View Most Recent)

Not so great experience

Former Employee - Fundraising  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Fundraising in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Generous salary. Okay benefits.

Cons

Being new to the duties of my position I was disappointed that management seemed to have an unclear vision for my position. My supervisor shuffled from meeting to meeting and was not available to provide much leadership on achieving the "expectations" shared with me when I came on board. Not having clear guidance often put me in the position of having to back track on my decisions once I was able to track down my supervisor and get feedback. It was disappointing and defeating. I often felt as if I was going in circles on certain projects.

Make yourself more available to staff. Be clear on what is expected of employees rather than offer a message of see what you can come up with and we will discuss it.

Technologist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Mercy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Part time with PTO earned with hours worked.

Cons

Don't like my department, have to stay for a whole year before I can transfer. Was trained by someone who had no right training anyone

See how comfortable employees are with doing new job

There are newer employer reviews for Mercy

Worked for Mercy? Contribute to the Community!