Mercy

www.mercy.net
  www.mercy.net
There are newer employer reviews for Mercy

Great company to work for, but losing touch with local values - going more corporate all the time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits, company values, patient focused care

Cons

All decisions are becoming much more corporate based with less concern for local impact. This is evident in nearly every major decision made in the last 2 years. There is much more discussion of Mercy values but actual Mercy values were more obvious before St. Johns became Mercy. This is especially true in the care of our indigent and low income population. There were also minimal salary increases, though my salary was fair.

Bring it back home.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Mercy (View Most Recent)

Not so great experience

Former Employee - Fundraising in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Fundraising in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Generous salary. Okay benefits.

Cons

Being new to the duties of my position I was disappointed that management seemed to have an unclear vision for my position. My supervisor shuffled from meeting to meeting and was not available to provide much leadership on achieving the "expectations" shared with me when I came on board. Not having clear guidance often put me in the position of having to back track on my decisions once I was able to track down my supervisor and get feedback. It was disappointing and defeating. I often felt as if I was going in circles on certain projects.

Make yourself more available to staff. Be clear on what is expected of employees rather than offer a message of see what you can come up with and we will discuss it.

This is a very mission-oriented organization and a great place to work.

I have been working at Mercy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are many long-term employees throughout Mercy. The organization really strives to be on the cutting edge of business while staying true to its Christian mission.

Cons

Being a not-for-profit, there are always challenges with resources, staffing, and structure. The work is often long and stressful, but it is also rewarding.

More focus on strategic succession planning and culling ineffective leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for Mercy