There are newer employer reviews for Mercy

I love the atmosphere at Mercy

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sunset Hills, MO
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sunset Hills, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are caring. Management cares if you succeed. The mission is important and a good one. They live by their mission. Every day you feel like you are helping people.

Cons

Medical industry budget cuts. Just went through a lay off. Rumor is, there are more coming.

promote from within

71 Other Employee Reviews for Mercy (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work.

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Faith based values that are reflected in the service provided to patients. Strives to stay on top of current technologies. Employer contributes to 401k plan. Generous vacation benefits. Having been an employee for two decades and a patient several times, I would recommend Mercy to any prospective applicant, as well as anyone seeking healthcare.

Cons

Health ins benefits are relatively inexpensive, but over the years (and I have been with Mercy for over 20 years), the deductibles and co-insurance have increased extensively. Merit increases every year, but are only 3-5 percent in my experience. Typical in a not for profit company however. Recent staff cuts are also a concern, but this is across the board in health care these days.

Continue to value your staff who have tenure. Their experience and dedication are an invaluable asset.

Sucks to be a contractor for them

Former Employee - IT Contractor in Rogers, AR
    Former Employee - IT Contractor in Rogers, AR

I worked at Mercy as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They were just nice enough to keep me from walking out. Extended my contract twice.

Cons

After I finished my contract with them, it turns out they fabricated a bunch of lies and refuse to give me work again. They have also strained my relation with the staffing company, due to said lies.

Don't fabricate lies and be upfront with contractors.

There are newer employer reviews for Mercy