Meredith Corporation

www.meredith.com
  www.meredith.com
There are newer employer reviews for Meredith Corporation

Very slow to progress to current technology trends. Unwilling to listen to employees who they hired to know.

Former Employee - Photo Editor in Des Moines, IA
Former Employee - Photo Editor in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Meredith Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Nice environment to work in as far as nice building and location. They still have partial match on 401K.

Cons

Senior management needs training, not as qualified as should be in most cases. Many are hired just to manage but know very little about what they are managing. Slow to progress with technology. Budgets not in line with expectations and shows in the products.

Invest to progress. Invest in your people and products. Fear management is not a tool.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Meredith Corporation (View Most Recent)

Meredith is a great company to work for where the employees are rewarded for hard work and appreciated.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Meredith Corporation

Pros

Encouraging, friendly atmosphere where I feel supported and have the ability to do very well for myself.

Being in sales, I give myself a raise!

Meredith is a well established company that has been around for a while. They invest in their broadcast stations to help them be competitive and up to date.

Cons

Commissions could be higher for products sold.

Commission levels change when people start selling too much of one product and doing well.

Compensate your talented sales people where you can retain them and not lose them to other industries.
    Provide a gas card - we beat our cars up, and this is VERY expensive. Though the commission can be good, the cost of doing this job is expensive. Other sales professionals have many more perks. For an AE who has brought in Millions to the company, a gas card and car allowance would be a great gesture.

My experience was very rewarding and I loved working there.

Current Employee - Fashion Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Fashion Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Meredith Corporation

Pros

You meet a lot of people and gain a lot of connections. The bosses are very nice and respectful at the company.

Cons

Long work hours and the work never slows down. There's always something else to do and you sometimes get overwhelmed.

Give more compliments to the interns if they're doing a good job. It makes the interns feel better about their work and makes them more motivated to do even better.

There are newer employer reviews for Meredith Corporation