Meredith Corporation

Mere"death"

Former Employee - News in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - News in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Meredith Corporation

Pros

The people. The location. The employees are good at what they do and are eager to do it. The location for doing good news is very good. The opportunities for the station to grow are there but managment has a thumb on their forhead by corperate. The equiptment is good but need people who now how to fix it when it breaks. Station managment has no clue about how a news organizatin should run. They only care about puting money in their pockets. And don;t care at all about the people who really do the work. Meredith needs to sale the station. And get out of the broadcasting business.

Cons

Managment changed so often that I had 7 different managers and I was there 8 years.

Sale the place to a company or individual who is willing to put real money and effort into a great product.

125 Other Employee Reviews for Meredith Corporation (View Most Recent)

Dissatisfied with the way this "family" company treats employees with families

Current Employee - Site Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Site Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Meredith Corporation

Pros

Talented people, fun brands, good products

Cons

Senior management is does not allow people to have flex time, makes people feel guilty about taking vacation and sick days, and expects its employees to work far more than 40 hours/week. Though low salaries are billed as the trade-off for family flexibility, that is not in fact the case. Further, many senior managers do not allow the people that report to them to shine.

Senior managers need to work harder to allow employees to have more flex time; if the work is getting done, vacation time shouldn't be a problem; nor should face time.

Middle of the Road

I have been working at Meredith Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. My department pays well. My department has flexible hours.

Cons

We have mandatory overtime to make our money instead of a nice raise each year. Deadlines have to be met but we have to make up the time because of other departments being late. Working with the NY side of our business is not a pleasure.

Share what is going on in the company. We know when something is up...just go ahead and tell us. We can tell when you keeping secrets.

There are newer employer reviews for Meredith Corporation