Meredith Corporation

www.meredith.com
  www.meredith.com
There are newer employer reviews for Meredith Corporation

This is a top-notch publishing company to work for - no complaints.

Current Employee - Assistant Art Director in Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Assistant Art Director in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Meredith Corporation

Pros

Excellent benefits. You get to work with some of the best people in the publishing industry. Editorial and art staff gain valuable experience at Meredith.

Cons

You need to be someone who can deal with constant change within the company. The person I report to is very good about keeping me up to speed on upcoming changes so I'm ready to adapt.

LIfe/work balance is difficult to manage. Any training or help in this area would be beneficial.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Meredith Corporation (View Most Recent)

Push for performance evaluation before price-driven layoffs

Current Employee - Anonymous - Publishing in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous - Publishing in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Meredith Corporation

Pros

The people, the product and the place. Meredith's staff are friendly, caring and certainly Midwestern. There is no "Devil Wears Prada" attitude here. The magazines are great - as are the creative minds behind them - but there is a lack of attention to blossoming market demographics and new media platforms. Benefits are also great (but only if you can keep your job!).

Cons

There is an overall lack of opportunity for personal advancement. Though I feel appreciated and constantly receive positive feedback, I don't see any job security at this company. I suppose this is a publishing trend in general... but it's not exactly reassuring when the best and brightest are getting laid off and the solitaire-playing cube rats get to stay. I'm young, inexpensive and competent. I hope the senior editors realize that before I take off for another company.

Pay attention to your talent. You have a lot at Meredith. I've heard that layoffs are based on price and not performance - this is NOT an effective way to run a business. If you want quality publications, keep quality staff. Though it's a joy and bragging right to work for Meredith, company morale is sinking. Quick.

A company with great benefits but lacking in compensation and diversity.

Current Employee - News
    Current Employee - News

I have been working at Meredith Corporation

Pros

The company has been around a long time and has weathered tough economic times before. It will make through again.

Cons

If you are not on the Des Moines campus, it is just not the same. After visiting the campus for some training, I really got a warm, mid-western, fuzzy feeling inside and was proud to work for the company. It was only temporary. After going back to the station, it just didn't translate.

Great job with Health and Wellness initiatives. It is very encouraging to see them care about your health. I know it saves them money in the long run to have healthy employees, but you do get a sense that they really care. Especially with the amount of programs and incentives offered. Working at a southern station is nothing compared to the rest of the company. In the area of diversity it is horrible. Diversity training would be welcome in the South! It is truly shocking some of the things top management will do and say. Just because they are 'old school' doesn't make it ok!

There are newer employer reviews for Meredith Corporation