Meredith Corporation

solid place to work

Current Employee - Senior Editor
Current Employee - Senior Editor

I have been working at Meredith Corporation

Pros

Meredith Corp is generally an open, family-friendly work atmosphere (although that would vary magazine to magazine). They care most about the finished product, not any kind of fancy image like some other publishers.

Cons

Some of the magazine management transition was rough and rocky but that's to be expected.

Better communication between the home office in Des Moines and mid-level employees in NYC would be helpful.

119 Other Employee Reviews for Meredith Corporation (View Most Recent)

This is a top-notch publishing company to work for - no complaints.

Current Employee - Assistant Art Director in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Assistant Art Director in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Meredith Corporation

Pros

Excellent benefits. You get to work with some of the best people in the publishing industry. Editorial and art staff gain valuable experience at Meredith.

Cons

You need to be someone who can deal with constant change within the company. The person I report to is very good about keeping me up to speed on upcoming changes so I'm ready to adapt.

LIfe/work balance is difficult to manage. Any training or help in this area would be beneficial.

A company with great benefits but lacking in compensation and diversity.

Current Employee - News
    Current Employee - News

I have been working at Meredith Corporation

Pros

The company has been around a long time and has weathered tough economic times before. It will make through again.

Cons

If you are not on the Des Moines campus, it is just not the same. After visiting the campus for some training, I really got a warm, mid-western, fuzzy feeling inside and was proud to work for the company. It was only temporary. After going back to the station, it just didn't translate.

Great job with Health and Wellness initiatives. It is very encouraging to see them care about your health. I know it saves them money in the long run to have healthy employees, but you do get a sense that they really care. Especially with the amount of programs and incentives offered. Working at a southern station is nothing compared to the rest of the company. In the area of diversity it is horrible. Diversity training would be welcome in the South! It is truly shocking some of the things top management will do and say. Just because they are 'old school' doesn't make it ok!

There are newer employer reviews for Meredith Corporation