Meredith Corporation

www.meredith.com

Mostly okay.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are nice with a smaller amount of drama, compared to other publishers. For a large part of my career here, There was (at least) a semblance of listening to those of us in the creative/editorial trenches. Okay pay. And, for freelance work, they're pretty quick with payment, compared with similar publishers. There has also been a recent drive to update technology, as the company has been behind the big boys for years. Also, most of the creative/art people I work with (especially with those in their HQ in Des Moines) are very excellent and enjoyable to work with.

ConsThere seems to be a collective desire to ignore the obvious needs to accomplish goals. Understaffed departments make work take twice as long to do things. A top/down mindset with senior tech officers encourages mindless micromanagement, making work more difficult. Promotion cometh not for those in lower/middle position. But, holy crap, they make VPs in charge of everything in DSM. There's also an over-reliance on outside consultants who provide unworkable workflow solutions.(They also waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on these useless six sigma Douches.) And let's talk compensation. Work loads go up 300-400%, and pay doesn't go up a percentage point (unless you have the words "vice" and/or "president" in your title. People who do the most amount of the work get crapped upon, and those who spend a large part of their time on the phone or abusing the mail service will be employed forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementHey, you guys you say you want to encourage a full utilization of all the new media technologies? How about you guys thinking about paying the people who make this happen? Also, how about actually providing budgets and people to make this happen? Because those of us most involved are all looking to leave to get paid what we are worth elsewhere. You want to encourage financial wellness? Well, how about this: PAY US?

Fine experience, but old school pub house

Advertising Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Meredith Corporation

Pros: Great place to learn Very structured Training is a priority The back office… Cons: Old school mentality Training for management-those new to it lacking Very cookie cutter/corporate when it comes to work life balance..favoritism exists big time The corp sales team in… Advice to Senior Management: TRAIN before promoting people to Mgmt roles Move into the 21st… More

Old Boys Club

Associate Publisher (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Meredith Corporation

Pros: - Recognized and respected brands/titles - Willingness to share information internally… Cons: - Low tolerance for those not fitting a conservative coporate social/religious "template" - Corporate sales and contracts benefit the company but leave individual magazine… Advice to Senior Management: Bring your mindsets forward from the 1950's and 1960's and be more accepting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Meredith Corporation.

Worked for Meredith Corporation? Contribute to the Community!