There are newer employer reviews for Meredith Corporation

Great Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Meredith Corporation

Pros

Excellent benefits package, generous time off, industry perks, good location, schedule flexibility, and prioritizes employee health (free yoga, gym discounts, assistance for smokers, etc). Meredith strives to stay up to date with technology and industry standards.

Cons

My particular department had no room for advancement

reviews filtered by

Everyone at Meredith is extremely helpful, and pleasant to work with.

Former Employee - New Media and Marketing Web Production Contractor in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Meredith Corporation

Pros

-Meredith Corporation has an extremely Professional, yet relaxed working environment. As long as you complete your work, and do so properly, you will be valued as an employee. You will gain cosistent feedback from experienced managers or supervisors. All of your fellow colleagues will be more than willing to provide help whenever needed, and never look down on you for asking questions. the best advice I can give to anyone who hopes to work their is to be assertive and ambitious. Once you complete your personal objectives, ask for more work to do. In the 8 months I worked there, I was given a promotion because of my willingness to take on any projects necessary. If you are willing to put in the effort, you can gain a lot of valuable experience from Meredith.

Cons

I was an intern so the pay was a little below what I hoped it would be.

2. Overall, not the best place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Meredith Corporation

Pros

Good benefits, very comfortable pay range, beautiful building with interesting history.

Cons

Employees are not appreciated and overworked. Hiring and promotions are based on educational level; work experience is not taken into consideration. Poor training, lack of communication between managerial personnel and subordinates. Management is more interested in office politics rather than in leadership and guidance. Employee's initiative is punishable.

None