Merge Healthcare

www.merge.com

They have lost the few main focuses that makes a great company, the products, customers and happy employees.

(Former Employee)

Pros-There are some great people who work there
-Some good experience to be had within HIT.
-No lack of work to be done
-Some decent products

Cons-They have little to no respect for employees lives outside of work.
-They need to spend MUCH more time and money engineering and validating solid products and consistent documentation.
-Way too focused on rushing unfinished releases and products out the door to make numbers. (could say that about pretty much any software company's, but not all)
-Very unstable work enviroment.
-Most if not all deptartments are overloaded and stressed. This is where the life/work balance gets it's low scores.
-There is no in depth product line traing for new employees. - this one is very bad because they have sales, support and project managment teams telling customers things that aren't always consistent. A lot of times streaming down from the higher-ups that don't truely know the technical aspect.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to spend more timing focusing on the customers and better product releases, aside from forecasting numbers. They need to have a much more full proof plan for new employee product training and up to date documentation to go with.

Company doesn't care about employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hartland, WI

I worked at Merge Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Decent medical and dental benefits Cons: Below average vacation plan, little to no room for upward growth, difficult to move to new position within the company, no real rewards… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

They pay lower than average and you work longer than average

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Merge Healthcare

Pros: 23 year old's can get good experience Cons: employees not compensated for experience gained elsewhere No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Merge Healthcare.

Worked for Merge Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!