There are newer employer reviews for Merge Healthcare

It's a game of politics and favorites..if you dont brown nose you won't be able to climb up the ladder

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Merge Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-The Chicago office is very convenient to work in..love the location.
-Fun co-workers to work with..with exception to a few.
-Free sodas, water, tea, and treats around the office. Totally spoiling the employees which make it okay!

Cons

-Overwork employees for low pay
-Senior management only likes those who talk a lot, but not those who act a lot
-In order to succeed you'll need to brown nose your way to management otherwise you won't get noticed
-Senior mgmt has their own agenda. They don't care about their employees
-Merit increase is a joke...work as hard as you like, do as much as you can, but you won't get far

Take care of your employees!

71 Other Employee Reviews for Merge Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Must be the worst place in the world to work!

Former Employee - Manufactureing in Hartland, WI
    Former Employee - Manufactureing in Hartland, WI

I worked at Merge Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benifits, nothing else really to speak of. If you were part of the team that they wanted to keep after the merger they knew who you were if not you were dead to them!

Cons

Upper Management has really no idea of what is really going on, they are always just looking to stay alive and keep there own job. All hail the Corporate Office everyone else is just window dressing for show. They do not do their due dilligence prior to their mergers and sometimes get caught with their pants down!

Respect the ones that really earn the money for the Company, and that is not in Chicago!

A broken business

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Ok comp and benefits (must negotiate comp and benefits - they will offer low to begin with).

Cons

- Senior management/executive management cannot be trusted. Each seem to have their agenda and may not necessarily align with others.
    - Senior management is reactive - not until something is broke and the company is beginning to lose customers that they will do something about it. Like hiring the resources needed to do the work.
    - Many in management are not cut out to be managers - no experience or the training needed to be effective in their positions.
    - No career path. From what I've seen, this company's MO is to get as much out of the employee as possible, until they quit or their manager quits, then a career path may open.
    - I gave this company a chance and stayed for at least 2 years. 2 years of being overworked, frustrated at not having resources to do my job, and doing what I can to keep things afloat in my area of responsibility and getting good reviews...what do I get in return? A joke of a bonus and a joke of a raise (<2% in 2 years). My significant other nearly left because of the amount of time I spent at work to do a decent job. No incentive to do well, no incentive among other employees to do well either.

- Clean house, senior management should be people with a unified vision with other executives that can stabilize then grow a business.
    - Spend some money and hire the resources you need. Don't wait for a threat before acting, be proactive.
    - Train your managers.
    - Trust your mid-level managers, train them to do their jobs, and don't micromanage them.
    - Identify your top talent and groom them. Have a career path for them that grooms them to be effective future managers.
    - Take care of your top talent and go-getters. They are going to work until things get done, and if they are overworked, get them help or they will leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Merge Healthcare