Unorganized

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Merge Healthcare

Pros

Enjoyed working with the people on my project team, flexible work schedule, Merge has interesting ideas for integrating health IT systems.

Cons

Lack of respect for employees from upper management, who are more concerned about putting on a "show" for customers and the bottom line. Constantly putting strain on development teams due to lack of resources, time, and support. Very unorganized because of all the acquisitions, they need to concentrate on the products they already have.

Throw the employees a bone every now and then. Give them the resources to do their jobs effectively instead of handing out iPads like candy to customers.

Other Reviews for Merge Healthcare

Like tying your feet together, pushing you into a lake and expecting you to swim.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Delafield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delafield, WI

I have been working at Merge Healthcare

Pros

I'm trying to think of just one positive thing to say about Merge Healthcare, but for the life of me, can't think of anything, other than working with some very talented health IT developers.

Cons

No resources. No resources. No resources. Loud mouths. Yelling. Scary derrieres. Lots of swear words. Lots of threats and the F-word used frequently.

Please hurry and sell this company to Allscripts, or other player who really knows what they are doing in the healthcare IT space. Puh-leeeeeease!

Worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Merge Healthcare

Pros

Decent benefits. Decent people working. Helps you grow tougher skin. Some of the execs are nice. I heard that canadian offices are nice.

Cons

Arrogant sales execs, disrespectful owner. Employees are at the bottom of the company's list of concerns. It will throw tons of money on shiny trinkets, flatscreens in every corner, new laptops and free iPads to sales, while developers work on 5+ year old laptops.

Care about your employees a bit more. You don't need to pamper them like you do your customers, but some recognition would be nice

There are newer employer reviews for Merge Healthcare.

Worked for Merge Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!