Meridian Health Plan

www.mhplan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Meridian Health Plan

Not as bad as all the disgruntled ex-employee's claim. At all.

I have been working at Meridian Health Plan full-time (more than a year)

Pros

From what i have experienced, very positive and proactive environment that helps you to grow and move within the company. I have seen many people hired in move not only up from the entry level they were hired in at, but unlike many companies you are not stuck at the department you enter! Many departments are related, and the opportunity to work together and see what you are passionate about is awesome. Its inspiring to be around people so involved, knowledgable to a ridiculous degree, and excited about the work they do. This company hires intelligent, educated and forward thinking individuals. I have heard really positive things that management is working to improve and overhaul, I am extremely excited to see what the future brings. I find it hard to believe that there would be so many employees that have been here for 2+ years (many for 4, 6, even 10 years) if the company was as bad as the whiny reviews below claim. Seem's to me that many of the claims and reviews below are from ex employees that were not the right fit and couldn't keep up with the pace of a fast moving company.

Cons

Office politics… but really, you will find that anywhere. I think pay could be a bit better for entry level. PTO accrual policy is extremely annoying for first year, as you have to 'build it up' with each pay period in order to have it to use. Would rather have it available from the start.

Continue to work together and make all departments as important as the other.

73 Other Employee Reviews for Meridian Health Plan (View Most Recent)

Please don't butter my biscuits

Former Employee - Fearful- Rather Not Say in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Fearful- Rather Not Say in Detroit, MI

I worked at Meridian Health Plan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Health insurance benefits. THAT'S IT.

Cons

The business model is seriously flawed

Everyday my biscuits would be buttered with the allure of working downtown (I'm a somebody!) bagels on Friday (sweet dude) Accessibility to Tiger games (all my friends will be so jealous!) Company parties (Wowww) Starbucks in the lobby (why work any place else?!) but over time these distractions weren't enough to replace my dignity, self worth and crappy entry level pay. To the robots in HR who are trying to kiss a little butt by writing the good reviews, at least write like you're human. Stop using generic statements that provide no real examples of your sunshine and lollipop reviews. The way this company uses and mistreats its young employees is disgusting. We are not disgruntled as one HR robot wrote, we feel used and abused and have a need to let others know of our horrible experience. There's a reason that more than half of the employees stay no longer than a year or two. Are we disgruntled? No, we are fighting back to let outsiders know the truth.

Stay away!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Meridian Health Plan

Pros

Pay is fair, Benefits are above average and locations are nice. Most co-workers are amazing.

Cons

Atmosphere is terrible. Blatant sexual harassment from select management, hostile work environment with excessive swearing, berating and occasional things being thrown across the room. ZERO work-life balance (are required to work atleast 50 hours a week). Company looks great on the outside but when you get inside, you see that it's more like a mask the company wears.

Stop letting it be okay that employees are threatened, harassed and berated. Fear is not the greatest motivator.

There are newer employer reviews for Meridian Health Plan