There are newer employer reviews for Meridian Health Plan

Not as bad as all the disgruntled ex-employee's claim. At all.

I have been working at Meridian Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From what i have experienced, very positive and proactive environment that helps you to grow and move within the company. I have seen many people hired in move not only up from the entry level they were hired in at, but unlike many companies you are not stuck at the department you enter! Many departments are related, and the opportunity to work together and see what you are passionate about is awesome. Its inspiring to be around people so involved, knowledgable to a ridiculous degree, and excited about the work they do. This company hires intelligent, educated and forward thinking individuals. I have heard really positive things that management is working to improve and overhaul, I am extremely excited to see what the future brings. I find it hard to believe that there would be so many employees that have been here for 2+ years (many for 4, 6, even 10 years) if the company was as bad as the whiny reviews below claim. Seem's to me that many of the claims and reviews below are from ex employees that were not the right fit and couldn't keep up with the pace of a fast moving company.

Cons

Office politics… but really, you will find that anywhere. I think pay could be a bit better for entry level. PTO accrual policy is extremely annoying for first year, as you have to 'build it up' with each pay period in order to have it to use. Would rather have it available from the start.

Advice to Management

Continue to work together and make all departments as important as the other.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

the worst management but the best coworkers

Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Detroit, MI

I worked at Meridian Health Plan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

my coworkers were amazing the incentives and compensation were to my benefit and the parties and free drinks and food was the best stressful environment but they make up for that

Cons

some people on my team were not team players and looked out for themselves some people are uptight and act like because your new you are coming in to take their spot, just chill and do your job. oh and when you get fired you are escorted of the grounds like you are a terrorist and put you in a van with tissue and drop you off at your parking structure

Advice to Management

parties free food and drinks are all good but when somebody is new make sure you show consistency for at least 6 months instead of hoping them around from place to place.

Family business that doesn't treat their employees like family.

I worked at Meridian Health Plan

Pros

Entry level jobs for college grads. Jeans on Friday.

Cons

Poor work life balance, little reward for doing quality work, poor professional development.