There are newer employer reviews for Meridian Health Plan

Not as bad as all the disgruntled ex-employee's claim. At all.

I have been working at Meridian Health Plan full-time for more than a year

Pros

From what i have experienced, very positive and proactive environment that helps you to grow and move within the company. I have seen many people hired in move not only up from the entry level they were hired in at, but unlike many companies you are not stuck at the department you enter! Many departments are related, and the opportunity to work together and see what you are passionate about is awesome. Its inspiring to be around people so involved, knowledgable to a ridiculous degree, and excited about the work they do. This company hires intelligent, educated and forward thinking individuals. I have heard really positive things that management is working to improve and overhaul, I am extremely excited to see what the future brings. I find it hard to believe that there would be so many employees that have been here for 2+ years (many for 4, 6, even 10 years) if the company was as bad as the whiny reviews below claim. Seem's to me that many of the claims and reviews below are from ex employees that were not the right fit and couldn't keep up with the pace of a fast moving company.

Cons

Office politics… but really, you will find that anywhere. I think pay could be a bit better for entry level. PTO accrual policy is extremely annoying for first year, as you have to 'build it up' with each pay period in order to have it to use. Would rather have it available from the start.

Continue to work together and make all departments as important as the other.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Meridian Health Plan (View Most Recent)

Family business that doesn't treat their employees like family.

I worked at Meridian Health Plan

Pros

Entry level jobs for college grads. Jeans on Friday.

Cons

Poor work life balance, little reward for doing quality work, poor professional development.

Rigid and Arrogant Company

I worked at Meridian Health Plan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of nice people on the front lines.

The salary seems pretty good, until you realize they expect you to work 50+ hours per week.

Cons

If you like factory work where they count what you do by each piece, this place is for you. They think the number of things you do in a day = quality.

They expect salaried employees to work ridiculous hours because working at Meridian is a "lifestyle". People burn out and leave all the time, so staffing is never up to speed. The people who are left behind just get more and more dumped onto them to do.

Upper management likes the results, but doesn't look at the dirty work that happens to get those results. Time to take a hard look at your directors, many of whom have no business being at that level of employment.

There are newer employer reviews for Meridian Health Plan

Worked for Meridian Health Plan? Contribute to the Community!