Meritage Homes

www.meritagehomes.com

Good Training

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

The training process is very thorough for this industry.
Great land acquisition department
Pricing ranges from entry level to luxury
Heavy emphasis on energy efficiency

Cons

We are currently going through a period where it's taking a long time to start the building process
We are required to use Salesforce (which is a great CRM software) but it is a struggle for those who aren't very computer literate.

There is a bottleneck in the starts department. We need more people in the design center.

Other reviews for Meritage Homes

I'm trying to help you out, please stay away from this company

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

Honestly, they build the best home out there. The engineering in the home is amazingly energy efficient.

Cons

I've never been so lied-to and lead-on in my entire life. I was hired on as a sales trainee and I exceeded all goals that were set out for me. When they hired me, they said I was in a 90 day training period and said it was going to be no time before they placed me in a community. Everytime I met with my executives, it was like a big cheerleading convention for you. I've been used as cheap labor and I have still yet to be paid like any other sales associate while making just as many sales.

Come up with a better way to comunicate between departments. It's like hell to get anything done for the good of the customer. DONT LIE TO YOUR EMPLOYEES.

I love going to work every day!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

If you are a hard worker management will make sure you receive opportunities for advancement. They want you to have a career not just a job.

Great pay and health insurance.

A good amount of vacation days even in your first year.

Great people.

Great office.

Constantly throw events for the employees, giving them meritage merchandise and catered lunches.

Largely involved in the community promoting free days off to do charity events.

Cons

Needs better cross departmental communication but management seems to be aware and is working to improve.

There are newer employer reviews for Meritage Homes.

Worked for Meritage Homes? Contribute to the Community!