Meritor
www.arvinmeritor.com Troy, MI 5000+ Employees

Running wide open

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Troy, MI

I have been working at Meritor

ProsStructure of job progressions are not well defined; therefore, you can make lateral moves that you would not normally be able to make. Defense portion of the business is relatively stable. Recent restructuring appeared to be merit-based instead of salary based. High visibility to senior management for entry level job positions. Unfortunately, this stems from the fact that the company is so under-staffed.

ConsEverything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is a freakin emergency. There are no easily accessible tools to help program managers run programs. You make your own tools, which end up being as simple as to-do lists to stop the customer from calling the CEO. The entire staff of the company is constantly scrambling to keep up with their salesperson's promises. This leads to schedule slip, poor product quality, and firefighting galore. I may ask for my job title to be changed to firefighter. After all, I always wanted to be one when I grew up.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to adequately staff the portions of the business that make all of the money. Half the design time = double the engineers. Etc.

Alright job

Florence, KY

I have been working at Meritor

Pros: Good management, friendly people, autonomy Cons: downsizing, hiring freezes, top down communication Advice to Senior Management: They need to have better communication with the people on the ground level. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

ARM is what it is!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Troy, MI

I worked at Meritor

Pros: The pay was decent, the people were nice, and there is a… Cons: The Senior Management lets too many of its intellectual assets walk… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more young talent ASAP! This will help infuse more new… More

There are newer reviews on Meritor.

Worked for Meritor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meritor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Meritor CEO Ivor J. "Ike" Evans. All reviews posted anonymously by Meritor employees.