Meritor

Running wide open

Current Employee - Program Manager in Troy, MI
Current Employee - Program Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Meritor

Pros

Structure of job progressions are not well defined; therefore, you can make lateral moves that you would not normally be able to make. Defense portion of the business is relatively stable. Recent restructuring appeared to be merit-based instead of salary based. High visibility to senior management for entry level job positions. Unfortunately, this stems from the fact that the company is so under-staffed.

Cons

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is a freakin emergency. There are no easily accessible tools to help program managers run programs. You make your own tools, which end up being as simple as to-do lists to stop the customer from calling the CEO. The entire staff of the company is constantly scrambling to keep up with their salesperson's promises. This leads to schedule slip, poor product quality, and firefighting galore. I may ask for my job title to be changed to firefighter. After all, I always wanted to be one when I grew up.

Need to adequately staff the portions of the business that make all of the money. Half the design time = double the engineers. Etc.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Meritor (View Most Recent)

Alright job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

I have been working at Meritor

Pros

Good management, friendly people, autonomy

Cons

downsizing, hiring freezes, top down communication

They need to have better communication with the people on the ground level. I felt very removed from the corporate vision and what was happening within the company.

ARM is what it is!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Meritor

Pros

The pay was decent, the people were nice, and there is a tremendous opportunity to learn a great deal because things are run so lean.

Cons

The Senior Management lets too many of its intellectual assets walk out the door. This happens in all departments throughout the business.

Hire more young talent ASAP! This will help infuse more new and fresh ideas on a regular basis, which will help the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Meritor