Company Review

Current Employee - Engineering Manager
Current Employee - Engineering Manager

I have been working at Meritor

Pros

In general the people are knowledgeable and good to work with, especially those with time and experience with the company. The company has a long history of producing solid products for the heavy truck market and enjoys a good reputation with customers as a result.

Cons

Unfortunately the current product portfolio is aging and innovation is not a strong suit of the company. The development of new products has suffered at the hands of cost-cutting measures meant to bolster the bottom line to improve the company's stock price in the short term. Major moves into new product areas such as transmissions ultimately resulted in closure of the division and retreat from the marketplace.

The current products which produce the majority of revenue are legacy products and are not substantially different than the competition. As a result the margins of these products are under constant price pressure with no obvious way to differentiate them from competition.

Other Reviews for Meritor

Great opportunity for someone my age.

Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Troy, MI

I have been working at Meritor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well developed co-op program, there are 40+ of us in the building. I am a college student. The pay is decent and the experience is raw. Managers are very understanding of my student status and are willing to work around my class schedule.

Cons

I dont really have much bad to say, I have only been here for 3 months. Sometimes managment doesn't take my ideas seriously, but it's somewhat understandable due to my position and lack of experience in the industry.

Excellent company dedicated to growth and financial stability.

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Meritor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Incredible team-oriented people devoted to meeting the program and company goals. Management listens to staff and provides excellent leadership in company direction and how to achieve the common goals.

Cons

Large work load which leads to difficulty in managing work/life balance and provides several opportunities for stress development. Conversely, this presents several opportunities to shine.

Consider developing more core competencies to enable less reliance on the supply base

There are newer employer reviews for Meritor.

Worked for Meritor? Contribute to the Community!