Meritor

www.meritor.com

Challenging work

Pros

Interesting challenging work in a challenging industry. Good management support.

Cons

Corporate culture can still be bureaucratic and stifling.

Empower decision making at lower levels. Develop well thought out career paths for high potential employees.

Other reviews for Meritor

Company Review

Current Employee - Engineering Manager
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager

Pros

In general the people are knowledgeable and good to work with, especially those with time and experience with the company. The company has a long history of producing solid products for the heavy truck market and enjoys a good reputation with customers as a result.

Cons

Unfortunately the current product portfolio is aging and innovation is not a strong suit of the company. The development of new products has suffered at the hands of cost-cutting measures meant to bolster the bottom line to improve the company's stock price in the short term. Major moves into new product areas such as transmissions ultimately resulted in closure of the division and retreat from the marketplace.

The current products which produce the majority of revenue are legacy products and are not substantially different than the competition. As a result the margins of these products are under constant price pressure with no obvious way to differentiate them from competition.

Great opportunity for someone my age.

Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Troy, MI

Pros

Well developed co-op program, there are 40+ of us in the building. I am a college student. The pay is decent and the experience is raw. Managers are very understanding of my student status and are willing to work around my class schedule.

Cons

I dont really have much bad to say, I have only been here for 3 months. Sometimes managment doesn't take my ideas seriously, but it's somewhat understandable due to my position and lack of experience in the industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Meritor.

Worked for Meritor? Contribute to the Community!