Merkle

www.merkleinc.com

Pretty good but could be better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Pros

One of the best things is that they are very flexable about working hours and working from home

Cons

you work very hard and are unappriecated. you never know if you will have a job

It would be great if people go noticed and were all treated fairly

Other reviews for Merkle

No Training + High Turnover = A Lost Company

Former Employee - Lead Analyst  in  Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Lead Analyst in Columbia, MD

Pros

You can wear jeans to work.

Cons

Bait and Switch Recruiting: In the 2 weeks between receiving a verbal offer and my official offer letter, Merkle demoted the title, decreased the salary, and slashed the number of vacation days. They enticed me with one position, but the job I finally got barely resembled the title, responsibility or compensation Merkle advertised, interviewed me for and verbally offered. My boss-to-be tried to ease my concerns over the title change by noting that the same thing happened to him. Seems like that indicates a pattern of bait and switch recruiting.

HR is Very Disorganized: On my first day, no one was expecting me. There was neither a desk nor a computer set up. I waited idly in a conference room for 2 hours while HR tried to track down my new boss. He also hadn't been expecting me.

The IT Department is Ineffective: Of the numerous requests or bugs I entered during my time there (most of which were simple, but essential, permissions requests), only 1 was ever resolved, and that required escalating the matter to my VP, who had to personally visit the IT guys to convince them to handle the issue.

They have No Training or On-Boarding Program: None. Zero. Zilch. Not even a tour of the building. I repeatedly asked for training resources and was ignored. I asked my coworkers, my boss, his boss and his boss's boss. No one had time for me. I was left to fend for myself.

Due to High Turnover, There is No Historical or Institutional Knowledge: There were no other analysts on my accounts. Every previous analyst had been fired or quit in the preceding 5 months. My boss joined Merkle just 1 month before me, so there was literally no one who could outline or explain the work I was expected to do. I was left to sift aimlessly through hundreds of disorganized files and thousands of lines of uncommented SQL in an attempt to reconstruct the work and processes of my predecessors. Worse yet, after a mere 6 days on the job, I was told that I was the resident expert on 3 different accounts and that, if anything, I should be the person explaining these accounts to others. Talk about being set up to fail!

In sum, I felt that Merkle was consistently dishonest with me and provided zero support or training. Thankfully I was able to get my old job back and didn't have to hang around too long.

Too tired to give a f#$% anymore

Current Employee - Account Management  in  Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Management in Columbia, MD

Pros

Nice office building
    Very flexible with office hours
    Occasional fun events
    SOME people are nice, caring, hard workers

Cons

While in the office hours are flexible, expect to be available all the time
    People are quitting and due to corporate greed, instead of being replaced, their work is being dumped on existing employees
    Latest trend is promoting people to VP...the large majority of which are males
    Management over-commits to clients daily and then steps out for lower ranks to deal with the problem of how to deliver the impossible promise they've made
    Those that move up are usually talented at manipulating lower level staff to do their work so they can look good.
    Continually change the "mission". I thought it was to improve customer satisfaction, but how will that ever happen if there are never enough resources to make the clients happy?
    Not treated equally with senior or even mid-management - be lucky if you get to sit in on a meeting with them, but don't expect to talk. You'll get ignored or talked over.
    Nice culture guide - too bad that was the past and the present is a horror show

Clean house and bring in new people who care, want to make a genuine difference and will get us back to the "one team" collaborative culture - not more clueless, too good for the working class, greedy bastards that can talk a good game, but can't deliver when it comes time for the big plays.

There are newer employer reviews for Merkle.

Worked for Merkle? Contribute to the Community!