Merkle
www.merkleinc.com Columbia, MD 500 to 999 Employees

I've had great managers and the opportunity to learn, grow and succeed here.

Creative (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD

ProsMerkle is a healthy company and the leaders have an incredible appetite to grow -- and are actually doing it. It's tough to get a job at Merkle because they only want the best and smartest people and the interview process is rigorous! I can almost guarantee in any given meeting you won't be the smartest person in the room so learning opportunities are ample. Merkle is quick to give you responsibility with a degree of autonomy so if you're smart, talented and hungry, it's the place for you.

ConsThe downside of a growth company is constant change and adaptation. Although the core senior leaders have been in place for many years, the middle management shifts a good bit and ocassionally you'll see a lot of transition all at once. Another downside is demand. Merkle is an incredibly demanding company and seems to be continually under resourced. You work hard here and depending on your department, some nights and weekends (or many). I'm fortunate in my position for that to be the exception and not the norm, but I've seen much worse in other business units. The biggest downside is that Merkle isn't all that family friendly. I do have a young child and am able to spend a ton of time with him, but I work at it and I have an awesome manager who knows that family comes first. That isn't always the case for others, however.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your staff achieve a better work-life balance. I have a great manager who truly gets what's important, but I know this is not something that other employees experience. When possible, try to have company activities that include family -- even kids. Company picnic or day at the ballpark -- just something that says Merkle knows we have families and appreciates the support they give behind the scenes to help Merkle grow.

Only work here if you have to

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Merkle

Pros: I would say the only real pros of Merkle are the people who work around you (not management). I work with some great people. That… Cons: Just about everything else. First, and foremost they have zero commitment to anyone. You could be working hard and diligently and then they loose a… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect, and you will get the same in return. It's a simple concept that is tried and true. No gimmicks. Just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Chaos reigns supreme

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Columbia, MD

I have been working at Merkle

Pros: Staff does what it takes to get things done. Management… Cons: Chaos reigns supreme. Communications between departments is poor and it has a negative impact on the ability to deliver customer solutions to the promised level… Advice to Senior Management: Take a breath and make the investment in developing repeatable processes to enable the staff to effectively execute in the delivery… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Merkle.

Worked for Merkle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merkle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Merkle CEO David Williams. All reviews posted anonymously by Merkle employees.