Merkle
www.merkleinc.com Columbia, MD 500 to 999 Employees

So much potential... So much chaos...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD

Pros- Focused on revenue growth
- Really bright analytics/statistics minds
- Most people work hard and care
- Pretty office with nice cubes

Cons- Zero communications between/among teams.
- No investment in products or sustaining anything but jobs that are "here and now".
- No loyalty to people.
- Incredible staff turnover.
- Little focus on real accountability. I literally heard senior managers say they used "surround sound" to determine reviews. That means what other people are saying about someone behind their backs. That is not the same thing as "360 degrees".
- It may be a "private company", but the new private equity backers expect a return. They are funny that way. And poor management will result in poor earnings growth. Welcome to pseudo-public accounting.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery growth company has phases where the demands on a staff outstrip the capabilities of the original people. Those that got you there often cannot get you to the next level. It is time to make tough, hard changes starting with senior management. Someone has to stand up and do what is right.

One of the best companies to work for in this space

Associate Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Merkle

Pros: Leading company in Database marketing Cons: Disconnect amongst departments and employees Advice to Senior Management: Pause from emphasis on being billable and allow employees to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I've had great managers and the opportunity to learn, grow and succeed here.

Creative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Merkle

Pros: Merkle is a healthy company and the leaders have an incredible appetite to grow -- and are actually doing it. It's tough to get a… Cons: The downside of a growth company is constant change and adaptation. Although the core senior leaders have been in place for many years, the middle… Advice to Senior Management: Help your staff achieve a better work-life balance. I have a great manager who truly gets what's important, but I know this is not something… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Merkle.

Worked for Merkle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merkle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Merkle CEO David Williams. All reviews posted anonymously by Merkle employees.