Merkle

www.merkleinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Merkle

There is a lot of opportunities.

Current Employee - Technology in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Technology in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Merkle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Merkle’s position in the marketplace gives it a greater advantage over traditional technology companies. Having worked at other technology companies, Merkle is able to truly help companies make money with the solutions it provides. I believe Merkle is in a place to be as large if not larger than other marketing services providers, and I enjoy being part of this. There is quite a bit of freedom, but there is an expectation that you will excel at what you do and go above and beyond in your normal duties. Due to this, you find that Merkle has hired a lot of very smart people whom are focused on driving the business forward. I have been happy with the opportunities at Merkle.

Cons

Merkle’s driven culture does lead to strains on Work/Life balance, especially in areas linked to client implementations, but I have yet to work at a place where this is not true. Due to some fluidity in the organizational structure and a highly driven workforce, sometime the set corporate strategy is not well translated to specific activities for the more focused areas of the organization. New understandings about market trends can get clogged at a senior management level and do not filter down quick enough to bring the rest of the company into the light. This can lead to some disconnects in the story.

Stay focused, but do more to bring the rest of the company in line with the vision.

199 Other Employee Reviews for Merkle (View Most Recent)

Growth company, pros and cons

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Merkle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Merkle has the correct vision to succeed in the marketplace. I joined Merkle as I had heard it's a place that is filled with highly intelligent professionals that take very innovative approaches to analytics (TRUE). Additionally, the strategic roadmap currently in place, IMO, is right on target - with an emphasis on digital and CRM and Big Data.

Cons

Merkle has an odd approach to hours and time spent working. Like other agencies I've been at, employees do what it takes to get the job done. That's the nature of being a consultant. What's different at Merkle is that this understanding is made quite explicit, almost as if people joining the company need to be reminded that consultants work flexible, but long, hours. And by making the expectation explicit, it can breed some resentment among the staff.

Stop telling people how hard they must work. Merkle is filled with excellent professionals that already know what to expect when they join a hard-charging, industry agency leader. Other agencies simply rely on hiring the best staff and letting the hours take care of themselves.

Very positive experience - and continues to improve

Current Employee - Senior Director in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Merkle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Merkle is always on top of what is going on in the marketplace. That makes it a great place to learn and grow professionally. The culure we work in is very important to our Sr Management team and recieves a lot of attention by our People department as well.

Cons

With all our growth it's hard to solidify repeatable processes. People try but get distracted. I don't see this as unusual and I have seen improvements as time goes on. I would like to see that be more consistent

Continue to work on embedding top notch repeatable processes in all tha twe do

There are newer employer reviews for Merkle