Merkle
www.merkleinc.com Columbia, MD 500 to 999 Employees

There is a lot of opportunities.

Technology (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD

ProsMerkle’s position in the marketplace gives it a greater advantage over traditional technology companies. Having worked at other technology companies, Merkle is able to truly help companies make money with the solutions it provides. I believe Merkle is in a place to be as large if not larger than other marketing services providers, and I enjoy being part of this. There is quite a bit of freedom, but there is an expectation that you will excel at what you do and go above and beyond in your normal duties. Due to this, you find that Merkle has hired a lot of very smart people whom are focused on driving the business forward. I have been happy with the opportunities at Merkle.

ConsMerkle’s driven culture does lead to strains on Work/Life balance, especially in areas linked to client implementations, but I have yet to work at a place where this is not true. Due to some fluidity in the organizational structure and a highly driven workforce, sometime the set corporate strategy is not well translated to specific activities for the more focused areas of the organization. New understandings about market trends can get clogged at a senior management level and do not filter down quick enough to bring the rest of the company into the light. This can lead to some disconnects in the story.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused, but do more to bring the rest of the company in line with the vision.

Growth company, pros and cons

Senior Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Merkle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Merkle has the correct vision to succeed in the marketplace. I joined Merkle as I had heard it's a place that is filled with… Cons: Merkle has an odd approach to hours and time spent working. Like other agencies I've been at, employees do what it takes to get… Advice to Senior Management: Stop telling people how hard they must work. Merkle is filled with excellent professionals that already know what to expect when they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very positive experience - and continues to improve

Senior Director (Current Employee)
    Columbia, MD

I have been working at Merkle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Merkle is always on top of what is going on in the marketplace. That makes it a great place to learn and grow professionally. … Cons: With all our growth it's hard to solidify repeatable processes. People try but get distracted. I don't see this… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to work on embedding top notch repeatable processes in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Merkle.

Worked for Merkle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merkle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Merkle CEO David Williams. All reviews posted anonymously by Merkle employees.