There are newer employer reviews for Merrill Corporation

It's an okay place to work.

Former Employee - Security Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Security Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Merrill is involved in so many aspects of business that many fields are covered.

Cons

They do not seem to excel in any of those above fields and seem to be satisfied with being "mediocre". "superstar" contributors are not particularly encouraged. The company is very top-heavy. As such decisions take a long time to make and often it is not the right person making the decision. The senior management isn't very equipped to think far in the future, but rather 3-6 months ahead. This means the whole company is always scrambling. I think a change in leadership, with visionary people who are experts in their fields is important.

Advice to Management

Step aside. If you want to get into the Legal Services business you need to know that business. The senior management needs to empower lower management to do things.

Other Employee Reviews for Merrill Corporation

Find somewhere else for long-term employment unless you don't mind being laid off.

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Saint Cloud, MN

Pros

I liked my coworkers, we got along great. Compensation was good.

Cons

Constantly reorganizing, not only peoples jobs but where people sit in the building. It is like they have nothing better to do than to move cubicles around. Very little praise or recognition is given when receiving high awards or a job well done. A lot of layoffs within the past year, very unstable working environment has people constantly on edge. The supervisor of our department was also not flexible with regular work hours where most other departments were. This was a common complaint among the employees I worked with.

Advice to Management

none

Merrill's 'Dynamic' Future: What you call exciting, I call depressing.

Current Employee - Web Designer in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Web Designer in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Employees a joy to work with. A good stepping stone to other opportunities

Cons

A unsettled work environment. Restructuring has placed managers and supervisors in unfamiliar skill set environments.

Advice to Management

Communication.