Merrill Corporation

There are newer employer reviews for Merrill Corporation

Decent Company If You Perform Well

Former Employee - Site Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Site Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Merrill Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you establish yourself as a high level performer, the company will make sure you stay working. During my time at Merrill Corporation, I worked onsite with several firms. Sometimes a contract would expire or a new opportunity would arise and the company would move me to the new location.

Cons

The management can make decisions based on politics. There are employees that get by on relationships vs. performance.

Since they had a variety of locations/clients, you could move around and be exposed to new roles and experiences.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Merrill Corporation (View Most Recent)

Working for this company is like reliving the cartoon world of Dilbert on a daily basis

Former Employee - Accounting in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Accounting in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Merrill Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, ok benefits, flexible work schedule, and a lot of really good employees

Cons

Where do I start. Management is stuck in the 1970's. The culture statement is Trust, Teamwork, Transition, and Accountability. Well, transition is guaranteed, with pointless reorgs every couple years. As for Trust, Teamwork, and especially Accountability? Non-existent at the senior level. They have a new CEO starting soon. Hopefully that breathes some life into this company.

Quit. Now. Seriously. All of you. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and take your 1970's thinking and egos with you.

I worked for Merrill for almost 10 years and enjoyed my time there.

Former Employee - Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Merrill Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule
    Employee empowerment
    Updated systems with good technical support

Cons

There are a lot of long-term employees at Merrill who are not well managed. Also, the company went through 2 major reorganizations during my time and appeared to be in line for a third. These reorganizations were expensive, time consumptive and not well executed. Lower wages than I have experienced in other industries.

Communicate your vision. I can't tell you how many times I heard the stories of Mr. Castro wandering the halls when the company was smaller. He knew everyone's name and his leadership grew Merrill into what it is today. Finding ways to continue that tradition of one on one interaction with employees would go a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for Merrill Corporation