There are newer employer reviews for Merrill Gardens

Atmosphere

I worked at Merrill Gardens

Pros

I would just say the residents. They were my life when I worked there.

Cons

Too much pressure for the compensation was not worth it. Everyone that got hired after me was getting paid at least .50-2.00 more than me without experience

Dont know

reviews filtered by
  1. Corporate Office Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Merrill Gardens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I started this job a few years back, things were going all right. There was pros and cons. After some changes in my department, I was feeling really good about things. Then the Emeritus divestiture happened and things have started to decline from there.

Cons

Departments have been reduced down to a single person in most. Not having any backup is extremely stressful and even a vacation doesn't feel good knowing how much work is building up.

A single point of failure is risky, but having more than 8 single points is a recipe for disaster.

2. It's Just Sad

I have been working at Merrill Gardens

Pros

I think the company pays pretty well and there are some great people that work here. The benefits are pretty good too.

Cons

We took a huge step backwards a couple weeks ago. The office was starting to feel better and there was a good spirit of team work being developed. We haven't had that in the seven or so years I have been here. However, that is gone now.

Take time to recognize the great things that people are doing. Sure, money is important, but recognize that's not the most important thing to the people that are creating all those big profits for you. We take care of seniors. That's why many of us got into this business. It's not only about industry leading profits. And, please, don't call us the Russell Wilson of senior housing and then tell us we don't get bonuses because we weren't good enough. That was rediculous.

There are newer employer reviews for Merrill Gardens