Overworked and underpaid

Former Employee - Client Service Associate  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Client Service Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Merrill Lynch

Pros

The health coverage and benefits that you receive from Merrill Lynch were a big plus when working for this company..

Cons

I started working full time for Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management division straight out of college so I took an entry level position with the firm as a client associate. I acquired my Series 7 & 66 securities licenses within 2 years of me working and was never offered any opportunity for advancement within the company.

Treat all your employees equally whether they are a top producer or someone in the back office they are all just as important.

Other Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Nice Place too Work but......

Former Employee - Branch Office Cashier  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Branch Office Cashier in Washington, DC

I worked at Merrill Lynch

Pros

They showed respect for the employee and had a great work place environment. The location was convenient to public transportation.

Cons

The training at Merrill Lynch left something to be desired. I was given to "standard, substandard" job training and turned loose. They need to improve their entry training.

Tough as Nails!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee  in  Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Merrill Lynch

Pros

They have great training. I have learned so much since I have been there. They spend a lot of money on their training.

Cons

It is very hard to be new in the industry and get clients. You have to Cold call A LOT and cold walk and do seminars........................ all while the clock is to your hurdles.

Great Job! They will do everything to help you. The trainee program is a big part of their grade so they want you to succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Merrill Lynch.

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!