There are newer employer reviews for Merrill Lynch

Merrill Lynch had all investment options available to clients.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Monroe, LA
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Monroe, LA

I worked at Merrill Lynch

Pros

The brand is well known to most investors which makes it easier to get your foot in the door with investors that have not had a bad past experience with Merrill.

Cons

The financial crisis damaged the reputation of the brand with some of the less savvy investors. It takes longer to get simple requests approved due to the size of the company.

Don't let bank of America turn the brokerage and advisory side of the business into a culture that follows bank rules and does not reward performance past stated goals.

reviews filtered by
  1. Enlightening

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

I have been working at Merrill Lynch

Pros

Merrill Lynch is a old name that is known by many, and really opens a lot of doors. Employees are very friendly and very easy to work with.

Cons

Merrill Lynch is very elitist, and at times turns off a lot of clients and potential clients. Because of this it creates one to work with who has the most money and not who you want to work with personally.

Merrill Lynch has great management with nothing but the highest qualities. They expect a lot from you, but they truly understand about how to get the highest performance out of their employees.

2. Cold calling is boring

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Merrill Lynch

Pros

Good name, good resume builder. Very respected name in the financial world. No pay but got college credit hours for the internship

Cons

Cold calling on the phone all day is a waste of my talents and skills. I wish I got to do more hands on stuff.

If I were to offer advice I would like to do more as an intern and be a part of the whole process.

There are newer employer reviews for Merrill Lynch