Merrill Lynch
3.5 of 5 1,099 reviews
www.baml.com Charlotte, NY 5000+ Employees

Lions led by donkeys

Vice-President, Technology (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

ProsGood team atmosphere - young and enthusiastic, always up for drinks, fun runs etc. Excited about the potential to improve the business with new technology.
Good training website "Merrill Lynch University" even if external courses were hard to get funded.
Matched giving to charity - you can easily fundraise with a whipround the office.

ConsTechnology department seen as a backwater by front office staff.
Pressure to outsource roles to Asia.
Budget cuts after large losses in the business that we had no control over.
Hours spent on voice-conference with Americans late in the afternoon. Many of whom you'd never met and who rarely listened to opinions from outside their world.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about losses in the business and likely changes that will affect staff.

Recommended

I have been working at Merrill Lynch

Pros: Broad scope, good opportunities and long term prospects. Cons: Larger companies move more slowly. Advice to Senior Management: Better focus on making concrete progress on specific decisions. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to start.

I have been working at Merrill Lynch

Pros: It is a well-known company. Cons: It is lack of career advancement. Advice to Senior Management: Management should provide more opportunity for advancement. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Merrill Lynch.

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merrill Lynch reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Merrill Lynch CEO Brian T. Moynihan . All reviews posted anonymously by Merrill Lynch employees.