Merry Maids

www.merrymaids.com
  www.merrymaids.com
There are newer employer reviews for Merry Maids

Do I really need this job?

Former Employee - Maid
Former Employee - Maid

I worked at Merry Maids

Pros

Level of fitness increases. Meet alot of new people and your in a different place all the time.

Cons

No advancement, low pay and very little time off. Having to drive your own car, no benefits and cleaning toilets.

Listen to your employees, they are what makes your company. Look into providing benefits for your employees, my guess would be that majority of your employees are mothers who could really use the benefits.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Merry Maids (View Most Recent)

Housekeeper, good company to work for.

Current Employee - House Cleaner in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - House Cleaner in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Merry Maids

Pros

It's a full time position and the company s like a family so that's nice.

Cons

low pay very hard work

Overworked.. Underpaid.. Disrespect. DEAD.END.

Former Employee - House Cleaning Associate in Pitman, NJ
    Former Employee - House Cleaning Associate in Pitman, NJ

I worked at Merry Maids full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There really weren't many pros at all about the job! It was miserable from the time I started. With tension between senior staff members, the reward system pits the cleaners against one another like a contest. Being the new hire there is just terrible. As soon as I started though, it was clear that I was a high quality worker, and that was recognized - however, high quality means you take your time cleaning - and if you take your time - you don't make money. If someone wants their house cleaned properly, you can expect to have a very low hourly rate - because each house has one set fee, you aren't paid hourly. You're encouraged to get in and out as quick as possible to make lousy money. My customers were my favorite part of that job - sure you had some real class A jerks, but most were just hard working families appreciative of a job well done.

Cons

Where do I start? You're hired on a very enticing lie about how you can control how much you make - if you have a conscience and feel terrible about giving people a bullsh*t job then taking their money - only to have to look them in the eye again next week... then you don't get paid very much at all. It was exciting to see an hourly rate of $9.50 on my paycheck.. Hopefully you'll have good salesperson who doesn't low-ball every cleaning contract just to get the customer to sign! Otherwise you'll have consistently low wages, cleaning large and/or dirty homes for very little pay. You must use your own car and your "mileage reimbursement" is a joke. You couldn't buy yourself lunch with the BS mileage pay you get. And trust me - you drive around EVERYWHERE. The drama in the workplace is endless. It really is a dead end job. I'm glad I left when I did. Ask for a pay raise and you'll get laughed at - even when you're such a valuable employee that they have you doing tasks above and beyond cleaning, such as running the office and all it's procedures (calls, leads, laundry, overseeing other cleaners, and equipment maintenance). But don't worry!!! After you quit, they'll call you six months later and ask you to come back for the slightly higher wage that you asked for when they laughed in your face! I feel bad for some of the women still stuck there. No one deserves to be treated like this.

CLEAN HOUSE. I don't believe the manager of this facility intentionally treats people so condescendingly - but it's unacceptable nonetheless. With extreme pressure coming from corporate, the manager must make money over moral decisions and is rewarded for producing good looking numbers. I believe this has turned her into an ego inflated, pathological liar who plays the employees off of one another and takes pride in fighting every. single. unemployment case. It's sick, really. Speak out, and you're reprimanded - Ask questions about how or why something is the way it is, and you're deemed "cancerous" to team morale. Seriously, I've never been treated or spoken to so disrespectfully in my life. You have to go along to get along - and quite frankly, when that means taking advantage of customers and treating your workers like dogs and invalids, I wasn't spending one more second of my life in that hell hole.

There are newer employer reviews for Merry Maids